tire ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
O.K. dumb question .. I need to get new tire cant get all 4 . Want mudders have bfg AT's and am going with maxxis mudders .. besides looking dumb will it hurt anything to run maxxis mudders on the rear and bfg AT's on the front with the full time 4x4

thanks

I imagine it wouldn't hurt. As long as they are REALLY REALLY close in diameter.

Diameter= size of tire around. 33, 35 ect.

o.k. i looked up the specs there is a .4 difference in overall height the bfg are . 4 taller new

on the front i have A NEW TIRE BFG ( replacing the last one that the side wall ripped) AND ONE THAT Is AT 15/32 NEW IS 17/32

Step 1. Install the .4 larger diameter tires on the rear and remove the front driveshaft.

Step 2. Floor it.....peel out......check specs until all 4 tires match.

Step 3. Reinstall front driveshaft.

Step 4. ??????

Step 5. Profit!

Step 1. Install the .4 larger diameter tires on the rear and remove the front driveshaft.

Step 2. Floor it.....peel out......check specs until all 4 tires match.

Step 3. Reinstall front driveshaft.

Step 4. ??????

Step 5. Profit!

:hillbilly:

dont due that, not that his 3Fe could...............

It seems to me that it would cause problems if you lock the center diff. It would be like having different gears in the front and rear. Atleast that's the way my minds eye see it.

You might want to pull up to a building slowly until you touch it. Then floor it. That might get those tires spinning.

I hope you have a strong front bumper.:D

It wouldn't be as bad with the 91-92 as with the FZJ's because you don't have the viscous coupler in the t-case. And no ABS system. As long as they are close you shouldn't do any damage, and wear won't be any worse than a day of hard wheelin.
I would do all 5, but I do understand the $ issue. The last time I bought tires was 6 years ago and they were expensive then. I hate to find out how much more they will be when I finally wear them out.

I'd do it. No worries.

-Spike

I couldn't do it.

Just because my own nature wouldn't let me.

Tires that didn't match would drive me absolutely insane.

If you just need one, how about looking for a used tire of the same size as the other three?

1. Cheaper.

2. Eventually you will be able to buy the 4 that you REALLY want.

3. The dirt people sell used tires and they need to make a living too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom