Tire Width (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put some 12x33 tires on the 40 mounted on 15x10 rims and the front tires stick out past the fenders. What width tire will keep me legal in PA.( Can't be past the fender).

Check out my 64 F100 in the background :D

Kevin

An 8 inch wide wheel will narrow it a bit, I'm not sure how much though.

You might investigate 15x10 wheels with less offset. The wheel/hub mounting surface is closer to the outer edge of the wheel. That way the wheels will move the tires inboard. Lots of later model suv and pickups need wheels with less offset and they are becoming more common.

chief said:
The wheel/hub mounting surface is closer to the outer edge of the wheel. That way the wheels will move the tires inboard.

Good idea. Just make sure your offset isn't too much that the inside of your rims aren't grabbing tie-rod ends and other steering hardware. 3 1/2 inches is the recommended offset for FJ-40s.

The rims I have are 3 1/2 off set. They clear the tie rod by about a 1/4 inch. I took these tires and rims from a chevy truck and the offset fit...Go figure. I was just wondering if I need to go to a 10 inch tire on 8 inch rim to keep um under the fender.

Kevin

SOR sells front flares. Might be good to keep the width for off camber stuff. Makes the rig look pretty tough.

I just measured my 33/12.5/15s on 8 inch rims and they only stick out 5/8 of an inch, The tire sticks out this far but tread are inside of the fender. I never get water or mud flying up unless I am turning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom