Tire/wheel upgrade for my cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys!

I'm looking to upgrade my tires and wheels on my 2000 cruiser. I've beefed it up with the ARB front bumper, 4x4labs rear bumper and rock crushers over the past year. I have the OME 2" lift kit on there as well. Currently running the Bigfoot ATs (265/75R16) on the stock 16" rim, but next spring I want to upgrade my tire size. I'm thinking about getting a new set of rims too so I can keep winter tires on the 16" stock rims.

What would be the advantages of changing rim size, and what tire size/brand would you recommend? The car is still my daily driver for work. I have a comfortable 2" of space in the wheel wells currently. Usually just wheeling out to awesome/remote campsites and exploring old mining settlements here in Montana.

cruiser.jpg

where in MT are you located?

have you checked in here:

To address your question on changing rim size, I don't think there is a benefit to changing the wheels. 16" is a great size and the factory wheels are very strong. I have no issue with the aesthetics either but that's subjective.

I bought and tried a set of 18" 200 series wheels with identical tires to my current set and found the on road handling was slightly crisper but sacrificed a lot of the ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom