Tire/wheel recommendations '16-'19 LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have tried to find the answer in the Wheel and Tire thread but have just been overwhelmed. I have my e93 M3 on BaT with the auction ending Sunday so I am on the hunt for an LX. My question is about 34" tires on it. Can I get some (hopefully in a Michelin LTX) that will fit a 20" LX wheel or will I need to go to 18" LC/LX wheels.
Thanks in advance and sorry if I am just wasting time, but again I am overwhelmed with all the information available on this great forum. Looking forward to getting back after my hiatus from the 100 series forum.

Yes, 275/65r20 will fit on your stock 20's. Michelin LTX does come in this size. You may have to do some clearancing at the front mud flap and front wheel arch liner and a 1" wheel spacer would not be a bad idea to keep your suspension geometry (scrub radius) near stock specs. The spacer will also make those 34's look a little meaner :cool:

You could also try a 285/60r20 (33.5") or 295/60r20 (34"). Both should be fine on the stock rims and I think you can get an LTX in either size.

I actually think there are more 20" tire options out there than 18" and a lot of them are cheaper too. 20" is just a very common wheel diameter across manufacturers.

This website is your tire-shopping friend :) Tire Size Calculator - https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Last edited:
I have tried to find the answer in the Wheel and Tire thread but have just been overwhelmed. I have my e93 M3 on BaT with the auction ending Sunday so I am on the hunt for an LX. My question is about 34" tires on it. Can I get some (hopefully in a Michelin LTX) that will fit a 20" LX wheel or will I need to go to 18" LC/LX wheels.
Thanks in advance and sorry if I am just wasting time, but again I am overwhelmed with all the information available on this great forum. Looking forward to getting back after my hiatus from the 100 series forum.

Definitely can keep the LX factory wheels. It's arguably stronger than many aftermarkets. Though most larger tire fitments are going to want a wheel spacer to correct for scrub radius and make clearance against the UCA. A 1" spacer all around is the magic spacer to run 33s all the way to 35x12.5s.

Lots of 20" tire sizes from mild to wild. The factory wheel being an 8.5" width, I'd encourage wider tire fitments as a poor mans beadlock as I've seen too many narrows come off the bead at middling pressures. It'll keep the face of the wheel more inset and protected.

As the LX is not lifted in the traditional fashion, take advantage of that with the largest diameter tire size you're willing to run. 2016+ cruisers are very well suited with larger brakes and better gearing with the 8-speed. With a solid diameter tire combined with AHC high, and perhaps some minor sensor lift, you can see 5"+ of overall added clearance.

One of the magic sizes in my mind are LT295/60R20 that specs at 33.9" x 11.7". With pressure requirements of only 35psi to give that pillowy compliance. Easy to fit with minimal adjustments. Fits as a spare. It'll give the LX570 some very serious capability. Overall dimensions very comparable to this size

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom