tire size? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I have a 86 FJ 60 with the OME heavy / heavy lift. At some point this century I should get my 15*8 rock crawler wheels.

I initally planned to get some 33*10.5*15 BFG KM2 MT.... my question is will 35*12.5*15 (I think this the correct size) fit without scrubbing or clearance issues? Are there issues with 35's, do they balance.

Probally will go with the 33 *10.5 for now but would appreciate the feedback on the 35*12.5.

Rockcrawler / procomp apparently take their sweet time with product mfg.

I don't think they'd fit without cutting. I'm going to cut mine to make them fit.

I run OME 4" with SR. 35x12.5x15 fit fine & no rub. I run Procomp Xterrain to & from the trails when I wheel, & BFG A/Ts for every day (both are 35x12.5x15) Both sets balance out fine & run down the road fine. I have the 15x8 rock crawlers on the Procomps & 15x8 old style spokers on the BFGs. I have to run a .25" spacer with both sets to keep off the brake calipers.

I had to add a 1.25" body lift, extended shackles from MAF, and lowered bump stops and they still rub.

They balance fine and I have put thousands of HWY miles on them.

previous setup was the 35's with just the body lift and they rubbed like hell on the front inner fenders... now they rub an acceptable amount.

33's fit but they take up all the room in extreme stuff situations. I believe it will be difficult for you to use 35 unless you just intend it to be a mall cruiser.
Smorr%20008.jpg

I run Cooper STT they seem to run bigger on there sizes.

If you were running 16 inch wheels you would have alot more options, but the 34 LTB would be great for a non daily driver.

Tire size can of worms

Man I am putting the same lift and + a one inch body lift and I think I can get away with only a little body rub under max articulation Note also using a 2.5 backspacing rim. However have the plasma cutter ready if the fenders need cutting and also have the relocation plate in the shop to move the back axle, back one inch if necessary. But I think with the lift I am seeing with the heavy/heavy and body lift the 35's are going to work. Will see in the next few weeks. Doc:cheers:

no...mine's no mall cruiser....it's not hard core either. Just want to max my tire size given my small lift. My truck is for general cruizing around and running moderate trails. I'm still waiting on the $%&^* wheels to show up. I think 35 series tire is a major step... We'll see how the 33 go and next time around may look at 35's or see what it takes. appreciate the comments.

find somebody with 35's and throw them on for a run..

:)

find somebody with 35's and throw them on for a run..

:)

good idea but around here I think I'm the only one with a 60. Maybe one other guy who I've never met has a 60, and I think he has generally a stock setup?

Ok another question. It appears that KM2's are in very short supply. Are there any issues with running a 33*12.5*15 tire in lieu of a 33*10.0*15 tire as far as clearances. I think not off the top of my head but anyone know. As I stated above... truck has the OME heavy / heavy lift and I have some new 15*8 wheels with 3.5 BS to use.

Wanted to buy through SAMs as they have some good prices, found out today that KM2's are not even in the distribution channel at SAMS (according to the help line on the SAMs web page), even though the tires are listed on their web site. I may have to go by the physical store tomorrow after work to talk to a humanoid... IT made no sense to me that they would list the tires and then you can't even "special order" them according to the person I spoke with today.

Sams has good prices on the tires they offer...

I've read good reviews of the Firestone destination MT tires... I like the tires but I think the firestone shops $uck.

Damn, it seems that all the tire / wheels that we regularly buy are in short supply these days. I've heard something similar about those steel rock crawler wheels.

Ok another question. It appears that KM2's are in very short supply. Are there any issues with running a 33*12.5*15 tire in lieu of a 33*10.0*15 tire as far as clearances. I think not off the top of my head but anyone know. As I stated above... truck has the OME heavy / heavy lift and I have some new 15*8 wheels with 3.5 BS to use.

Wanted to buy through SAMs as they have some good prices, found out today that KM2's are not even in the distribution channel at SAMS (according to the help line on the SAMs web page), even though the tires are listed on their web site. I may have to go by the physical store tomorrow after work to talk to a humanoid... IT made no sense to me that they would list the tires and then you can't even "special order" them according to the person I spoke with today.

Sams has good prices on the tires they offer...

I've read good reviews of the Firestone destination MT tires... I like the tires but I think the firestone shops $uck.

The Sam's in memphis on getwell has 33x12.5x15 km2 in stock and it shocked me. this was atleast 2 months ago.

I may just look around on the web site... I can tell you that the support people on the sam's web site don't really have a clue.

oh yeah...i only waited almost two months to get my rockcrawler wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom