Tire size for spring over swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a '66 fj40 and the previous owner almost complete the spring over swap. I'm trying to figure out what size tire I can use without cutting sheetmetal and tire rubbing once I have it finished. Pics on Monday hopefully.

31's won't rub!

I'm partial to the Swamper Q78-16... it a 35.5" skinny, somewhere around 10.5. But those are for 90-95% wheeling. It depends on what kind of driving you do, but you want about a 10.5" width tire to be able to fit them in the rear wheel well without cutting.

i bought 35/12.5's for my SOA'd rigged. i plan on trimming a minimal amount to prevent rear fender rubbing. but i wont know for atleast 4 or so months if i rub. id have to have a rolling chassis with a tub to do that lol

33's will look really small on an SOA rig. I have 16/35x15 boggers and I only cut the fender to the rear to compensate for moving my rear axle back. I will go 37's or 38's for my next set.

we had 36's on my uncles 10 years ago but we did not rub on the street. he was scared of getting it dirty :crybaby:

I have 33 12.50 15 tires with a spring over

kyle
fj40 010.jpg

Great thanks for the pics as well. The owner said that he was going to use 38" with a 11" rim. He had placed a rancho 4" lifted springs on it along with the SOA swap but took a 2" out of it? Either de-arched them or a couple less leafs I'm guessing?

Wow, that'll be tall. Stock springs 35-37s look right. Add another 2" and 38s easy, but you will have to widen the openings. Just plan on rubbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom