Tire Pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I know when I'm driving on sand I need to lower my tire pressure to about 15psi or so.

My question is -- how does everyone fill them back up? Do you all have bolt on compressors mounted in the engine bay? I have a little dinky compressor that would take 1 day each to fill up the 285 R18's I have. Do I drive to the nearest gas station? Your thoughts...

-- Mike

Some guys carry CO2 tanks, which seem very good.

Also, on board compressors.

I too have a dinky cigarette lighter one which I never use.

I use the facility supplied air, or go a couple of miles real slow to the service station.

A good recent thread

Air Compressor thread

Looks like a lot of guys are having success with the cheap compressors mounted under the hood (bonnet?). You need one that requires a direct battery connection. No cigarette lighter connections.

On my list of things I haven't gotten to yet though so no first hand info.

i got the $ 30 compressor thats on that thread link above and it works great!!! direct battey connect is the only way to go!!

Bad azz Cruiser said:
i got the $ 30 compressor thats on that thread link above and it works great!!! direct battey connect is the only way to go!!

Are you able to air up pretty quickly with it? I had to take 4 tires up from 10psi to 36 and it felt like it was an all day affair this past weekend. :censor:

And how do you wire it? Hard wire w/switch or just connect to battery terminals when you need to use it?

the compressor connects directly to the battery takes less than five min. per tire going 20psi to 60(285/75/16 m/t's)haven't actually timed it though.

going to get this 4 way inflator deflator hose looks like the way to go heres the link

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/4air.shtml

you can hard wire and mount but haven't got that far yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom