Tire debacle (1 Viewer)

I mounted my cheap-o Craigslist 33x12.50's on Nick's 15"x10 rims and just like Aric said they won't fit the front of my 4runner. They might be able to clear the brake calipers if I did some grinding and/or had a rim with the stock offset. As it sat, the tires stuck out probably 3" beyond the body front and rear. Anyway, instead of cry over my $380 non fitting tires I did the next best thing...and put them on my no engine FJ40! Its hard to believe a 40 can fit 33's with no lift! It finally looks decent sitting in the driveway! :cheers:
and for the record I just picked up some 33" Nitto A/T's for a 16" rim off Craigslist for $120! They have a ton of tread so I'm kinda stoked how this all worked out! Gonna go get them mounted next week and maybe throw the lift on my 4runner too!

i dont really know whats up with the door tag on the runner as i never paid too much attention.

i just knew that the late runners use the 16" rim that matches the tacoma 15" rims that caliper is a bit bigger i believe. its a different caliper altogether than the taco.

dILzNAK

WORD
well glad it all worked out! and you do know that with a little lift those 35's woul dhave fit under the 40 too!! I'm just sayN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom