Tire brands? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all im having to buy some new tires for my wifes 4runner. I am looking at a few different brands. Im probably going to go with some BFGoodrich Land Terrian. They look pretty good but still function really well on the highway(which is where it is used the most) But i was wondering what everyone thought of "super sport" brand tires. They are special order at walmart and they look good and are HT tread. I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this brand and had good or bad experiences with them.

thanks

lunyou

okay im going to answer my own question:

I researched some and they are made by kelly tires. They are made of a very hard rubber compound and are not known for their side wall strength. Bad on ice but last for a while

lunyou

thats what the wife likes and the price isn't to bad(102.63 mounted and balanced apiece). I just have to get the front end lined up before hand.

lunyou

redplastic said:
kelly tires suck period, id get the bfg's
Kellys previous on my HJ75 are no match for the present Bridgestone A/T 693 [new pattern] duelers. They developed bumps in the tread felt like a worn out front end after a trip up the broadwater on some gravel and dirt driving.:cheers:

I'm gonna have to suggest Yokes. Just switched after 3 sets of BFG A/T and M/T. The Geolander M/T's are awesome so far after 4000 miles. Doubt I will ever go back to BFG.

Ive gotten rid of the BFGs and Goodyears on all my trucks (FJ40, FJ60, and 4Runner), and have gone with the Kumho ATs. On the FJ40 I have th MTs. Check the reviews at www.tirerack.com. For the price, I dont think youll find a better set.

For the 4Runner, I went with the 265/75R16s, and with mounting/balancing, road hazard and lifetime balance at the local tire shop, I paid $490.

PS, I'd stay away from the Land Terrains from WalMart. They are a BFG, but they are only a 2ply sidewall, and from what I have heard they wear very unevenly.

Just my opinion, hope it helps.

Hodag

If you are on a tight budget, and there is a Firestone by you, check out LeMans A/Ts. They are a budget A/T priced below the Firestone Destination and the Bridgestone Dueler. I've gone through 2 sets on my 89 Toyota pickup (over the last 100,000 miles) and I think they are a good tire for the money; plus the Firestone dealer in Albany throws in free rotations for the life of the tire.

For a DD, I used to buy nothing but BFG AT's... After buying a set of Bridgeston Dueller REVO's, I'll never go back. The REVO's are phenominal on dry, wet or snow covered roads. I'd suggest checking them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom