Tire and Wheel Size for SOA FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

17x9" bead locked trail ready wheels.

37x12.50x17" Goodyear MTR's.

TB

If you are using stock springs, you'll have no problem running 35's. If using lift springs, or a body lift, or some fender trimming you can fit 37's.

As far as wheels go, lots of people using 2.5" back spaced wheels to give a wider stance. Wheel width depends on the tire width. 12.5" wide go with a 8" wide rim, over that go to a 10" wide.

I think that 4wheelparts has 2.5" BS wheels, in 15X8.

35by 12.5s on a 15x8 wheel wish i had 37s or bigger.. got my wheels thru summit..huge PIA

oh and they are 2.5 BS

Anyone running the 36 x 13.5 x 15 IROK radials yet? I'm currently running 35 x 12.5's on 10" rims and could stand a hair more width to fill the fender flares.

I have heard NOTHING but GOOD things about IROKS. But DO NOT expect miles out of them if you drive in the street much.

TB

35x12.5 MTRs on 15x10 rims 3.5 inch backspacing (little grinding on the calipers)

Works fine for me. I like the stability and tread contact patch. I've yet to loose a bead running 12-18 psi on the trails in a heavily loaded wagon.

I'm always thinking about geting taller tires ie; 37s - when I'm home reading 4WD mags. On the trail, I just happily drive and drive and drive on my 35s. Occassionally, stopping to lend tools or spares to my buddies with 37s or bigger meats.

Last trip I realized I could have 40s anytime I wanted just by placing a football sized rock under my tire. I might do that 3 or four times. Come to think of it, most of those times I was only lifting one tire to push the body away from a panel eating rock, something I might still be doing even with the bigger tires.

Last edited:
37x12.50x17 MTR's.

TB

picture.JPG

Hey, my rig is white. Give me a break.

Ultimately you win. My rig is still in pieces.

TB :doh:

FWIW: I just put 35x12.5" Trxus MTs on 15x8 steel rockcrawlers on my SOA 60. I have stock height springs that I ordered from Alcan. The rims I already owned and they have 3.5" of backspacing so I bought 1.5" spacers from All-Pro (BTW: they make nice parts) and I think the rig looks great.

I'll take some images later. We just finished the build up last night and I am very psyched to get out of here and wheel it this weekend.

I added 1.5" spacers too.

TB

Hey, mine is a little farther along than yours.

A little.

TB

picture.JPG

The frame was sand blasted, and then it was renforced in weak areas, then it was epoxy coated.

TB

HZJ60 Guy said:
The frame was sand blasted, and then it was renforced in weak areas, then it was epoxy coated.

TB

Dang! That does not sound cheap, but, it looks great.

Fourrunner, get the 37's.

quick question:

I have a 1983 FJ60 and would like to know if anyone here has tried this.....

If I use this lift :
MAF OME FJ60 4inch suspension with shackle reversal

what would be the largest size tire I could fit under it WITHOUT having to cut the fenders in the front or hit the springs on a full turn left or right.

I would like to order these for it:
18" XD 775 ROCKSTAR RIM AND TIRE NITTO MUD GRAPPLER 35":eBay Motors (item 140333475002 end time Jul-22-09 11:30:30 PDT)

anyone see any problems with this set up?? any help is appreciated in advance.

ty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom