Tire air up & down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw someone use this on a recent trip I did out to death valley.

I have been using my ARB deflator that removes and stores the valve stem.

Then I have a viair compressor, it's worked well but it does take a while and gets hot in the summer.

I have no affiliation with this company but I thought it looked easy since it equalizes all tires, I don't have to stop to check every one and move the air chuck..

Next time I go out and use it, I'll update.

So hook it up to all (4) tires and have the gauge to simultaneously check all (4) on airing down and up.. pretty neat.
Here's the link to their website if interested.

PXL_20210217_025631465.jpg
PXL_20210217_025619637.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks sweet, but it also looks like it would take up a lot of cargo space.

Looks sweet, but it also looks like it would take up a lot of cargo space.
True that, I too was a little surprised with the size of it packaged in the included carrying bag. Their site says it stores under a seat but we don't have much "under the seat" in an 80. Definitely not like the deflator that stays in the center console..

Not sure yet, maybe once I use it then it will be for air up and still deflate with the valve core remover..

I have space in the rear drawers but we all know that space will soon be needed for something else.

I liked the idea of these but could not justify it taking up that much space. I've been using the screw on auto deflators for years with them dialed in to about 20psi and can air down all 4 tires in about 2-3 minutes total with something that is half the size of a cell phone when packed up.

I liked the idea of these but could not justify it taking up that much space. I've been using the screw on auto deflators for years with them dialed in to about 20psi and can air down all 4 tires in about 2-3 minutes total with something that is half the size of a cell phone when packed up.
I did this too, this is probably where I'll end up storing this kit..

I have been using a home-made version of that for the last 10-15 years.
Basically a tapped aluminum manifold, a ball valve, an air chuck, and I sprang for a nice fluid filled gauge.
Locking tire chucks and some Home Depot air line. If you don't use the plastic coiled crap, it just wraps up to a nice neat bundle.

All parts are available through Amazon now.

Air up and down all 4 at the same time and all tires equalize through the manifold.

I have been using a home-made version of that for the last 10-15 years.
Basically a tapped aluminum manifold, a ball valve, an air chuck, and I sprang for a nice fluid filled gauge.
Locking tire chucks and some Home Depot air line. If you don't use the plastic coiled crap, it just wraps up to a nice neat bundle.

All parts are available through Amazon now.

Air up and down all 4 at the same time and all tires equalize through the manifold.
Pics please

The morrflate does not take up that much space. The tubes are not coiled up like the orange one above.

2 in thick 2ft round bag.

I like being able to make a sandwich while the tires are inflating.

I had some spare hose and built one that I can do two tires at a time. I bought the manifold from Amazon and rest from the local Ace. I doubt I have much more than $30 in it. The only issue I have is the recycled hose I used is bulky. I need to replace them with something a little more compact and easier to pack. Paired with my 15 year old MV50 I can air down and up so much easier.

25b3ba8c-9d2e-47b7-ab4c-2519effafa87-jpeg.2199496

88523ce6-a77c-4429-8ac3-6f2893875fc5-jpeg.2199500

I made a setup years back. In my opinion it was more trouble then it was worth. I thought it was a genius idea. Now it’s all back in my air fitting bin. To bulky.

Why is Speedflate and Morrflate so expensive? Coiled air hose and some fittings for $170+. I personally like the idea of doing two tires at the same time and might look into making my own.

Why is Speedflate and Morrflate so expensive? Coiled air hose and some fittings for $170+. I personally like the idea of doing two tires at the same time and might look into making my own.
I built my own several years ago, still going strong. Cost was about $150, with good quality hose and hardware. It has made airing down and up much more enjoyable, less of a burden.

I built my own several years ago, still going strong. Cost was about $150, with good quality hose and hardware. It has made airing down and up much more enjoyable, less of a burden.
Thanks. I have Stauns deflators for airing down but I have a Viair auto-compressor for airing up. One tire at a time is very tiresome (no pun intended).

I'd guess even with buying bulk, parts + 1 hour labor, packaging would net them about 50/ each.. wild guess though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom