Tire Advise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Currently running 37x12.5R17 Geolandar MT+ (G001's). They have been excellent on trail, both doing simple stuff in the San Juan mountain range, as well as more rough stuff like Moab. However, they are very noisy on road, and tend to wander a bit, and under 20MPH there is much vibration from the lugs. Now that my trail partner bought a new business, we dont get out much at all anymore, and the LX is pretty much just a daily road driver now. I am looking to replace the G001's with some new tread that is more pavement friendly. I am hoping I can get some input from you guys on the following three tires. I am debating between the BFG All-Terrain TA K02, Mud-Terrain KM3, and the new version Geolandar MT G003's. I want to keep the off road capability high...primarily snow and standard mountain trails. Think Colorado's San Juan mountain town roads during the winter, and their off road trails in the summer. This is my favorite place and I try to visit there frequently. This is why I am thinking of sticking with Mud Terrains. However, with the trails not being as aggressive as say Moab, and with on road driving being 99% of the miles, I am thinking of the All-Terrains. For those that have the All-Terrains, how well do they do on trail? I am really looking for a much quieter tire, with better road manners, but I dont want to get stuck somewhere offroad...even though I have full lockers so it would be very rare.

Last edited:
I've been running AT's on the Colorado trails since day one (about 20 years ago). They work fine, you'll just get some tread chunking if you work them hard. Doesn't really affect performance, just looks a little rough. Better in packed snow, better on the road. Just stay out of any deep puddles you might find--useless in the mud. And as they say, everything hooks up in Moab.

I'm all ears on a comparison between the KO2 and KM3 with regards to road noise as well. I'm stuck between the two, for the same reasons as the OP. I'm sure new KM3s are quieter than my abused (read as misaligned and non-rotated) KO2s on the pathfinder, but how do they wear (assuming you take care of them)?

Hey all,

Currently running 37x12.5R17 Geolandar MT+ (G001's). They have been excellent on trail, both doing simple stuff in the San Juan mountain range, as well as more rough stuff like Moab. However, they are very noisy on road, and tend to wander a bit, and under 20MPH there is much vibration from the lugs. Now that my trail partner bought a new business, we dont get out much at all anymore, and the LX is pretty much just a daily road driver now. I am looking to replace the G001's with some new tread that is more pavement friendly. I am hoping I can get some input from you guys on the following three tires. I am debating between the BFG All-Terrain TA K02, Mud-Terrain KM3, and the new version Geolandar MT G003's. I want to keep the off road capability high...primarily snow and standard mountain trails. Think Colorado's San Juan mountain town roads during the winter, and their off road trails in the summer. This is my favorite place and I try to visit there frequently. This is why I am thinking of sticking with Mud Terrains. However, with the trails not being as aggressive as say Moab, and with on road driving being 99% of the miles, I am thinking of the All-Terrains. For those that have the All-Terrains, how well do they do on trail? I am really looking for a much quieter tire, with better road manners, but I dont want to get stuck somewhere offroad...even though I have full lockers so it would be very rare.
I've had the same dilemma. So I went with 2 sets of wheels. I just couldn't find a tire that was an all around winner. A good A/T is close, but not for extremes. I'm running Toyo A/T ll Extremes that do fairly well, except for the extremes....lol.

Sorry. Had too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom