Tipping at Sonic Burgers

Do you Tip at Sonic Burgers?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Just moved here from a place that didn't have Sonic Burgers. I learned today (from a co-worker) that people in southern Louisiana tip servers at Sonic but they don't tip in northern Louisiana. Is this like a weird local custom or what? :confused:
Cajun chicken sandwich is pretty snack'n

yes this was supposed to be a poll and I'm poll-tarded

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

The closest Sonic burger joint to me is about 30 miles away...so I don't know. The only ones I've been to were in TX and I don't recall tipping.

Easiest way to find out is to ask the server if they normally get tips.

We're supposed to get one in town, but Sonic seems to be having problems getting approval from the city council (in the particular city they're trying to locate in).

i always tip at sonic

you have to.
you go there because you like the cajun chicken,right!
BUT!!if i go thru the drive thru.then no.
you gotta tip the when you park and they bring you your food :D

Well you never HAVE to tip...I go to our Sonic alot, usually through the drive-thru where I wouldn't tip anyway, but even when they bring food to the cars I rarely tip...I'm usually paying with a CC and on their CC slip there is no spot for a tip, not bright on their part since I would actually tip on the CC receipt if there was a spot, but no spot...no tip...unless I happen to have cash, which is never. I do appreciate the endless parade of highschool girls in tight pants though.. :D

mabrodis said:
I do appreciate the endless parade of highschool girls in tight pants though.. :D
Im at the wrong sonics :frown:
There was a guy working there in roller blades nearly running people over- that was pretty entertaing

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

mabrodis said:
Well you never HAVE to tip...but even when they bring food to the cars I rarely tip...no tip...I do appreciate the endless parade of highschool girls in tight pants though.. :D
hmmm....can you just imagine what those highschool girls might be doing to your burger before it reaches your car? Consistent non-tippers are remembered :flipoff2:

Just a little something to think about... :D

I just normally round up a dollar and give them that. If the food is $5.25, I give them $6. If the food is $5.99, sucks for them.

Took the new Cajun Chicken sandwich for a spin last night. Probably one of the most overpriced fast food items today.

i'm a big tipper

even if i pay with a cc, i'll tell them to add two more $$ on the bill.
like i said,i'll always tip the hoppers cause thats service.
but never ast the drive thru...
they remember the big tan 60! ;)

I do not tip at fast food joints, but of course i never eat a fast food joints anymore. WHat i think is, these people are not getting a "waiters" wage, which is about $2.13/hour, so their jobs do not require extra money in order to get them up to minimum wage. That being said - BRING ME MY BURGER BITCH AND DONT HOLD THE HURRY THE FAWK UP!!!!

Noah said:
I do not tip at fast food joints, but of course i never eat a fast food joints anymore. WHat i think is, these people are not getting a "waiters" wage, which is about $2.13/hour, so their jobs do not require extra money in order to get them up to minimum wage.
Good point, I would bet their 'servers' are paid normal minimum wage, not the 'waiters' wage like a real restaurant waiter would get, where tips are a real part of your income.

Edit: upon re-reading my post I realized I merely restated what you just said...so I'm just a day late and dollar short...like always...

tucker74

Noah said:
I do not tip at fast food joints, but of course i never eat a fast food joints anymore. WHat i think is, these people are not getting a "waiters" wage, which is about $2.13/hour, so their jobs do not require extra money in order to get them up to minimum wage. That being said - BRING ME MY BURGER BITCH AND DONT HOLD THE HURRY THE FAWK UP!!!!
Nope - my little brother worked at Sonic in high school, $2.13/hr + tip :rolleyes:

You guys are just cheap bastards :flipoff2:

Tucker

Sorry if this offends anyone. Tried to edit best as I could. Thought it fit in this theard.

NICE GUY EDDIE: Okay, everybody cough up green for the little lady.
NICE GUY EDDIE: C'mon, throw in a buck.

MR. PINK: Uh-uh. I don't tip.

NICE GUY EDDIE: Whaddaya mean you don't tip?

MR. PINK: I don't believe in it.

NICE GUY EDDIE: You don't believe in tipping?

MR. WHITE: I love this kid, he's a madman, this guy.

MR. BLONDE: Do you have any idea what these ladies make? They make :censor:

MR. PINK: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money, she can quit.

NICE GUY EDDIE: I don't even know a Jew who'd have the :censor: to say that. So let's get this straight. You never ever tip?

MR. PINK: I don't tip because society says I gotta. I tip when somebody deserves a tip. When somebody really puts forth an effort, they deserve a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, that :censor: for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doin their job.

MR. BLUE: Our girl was nice.

MR. PINK: Our girl was okay. She didn't do anything special.

MR. BLONDE: What's something special, take ya in the kitchen and suck your :censor: ?

NICE GUY EDDIE: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

MR. PINK: Look, I ordered coffee. Now we've been here a long :censor: time, and she's only filled my cup three times. When I order coffee, I want it filled six times.

MR. BLONDE: What if she's too busy?

MR. PINK: The words "too busy" shouldn't be in a waitress's vocabulary.

NICE GUY EDDIE: Excuse me, Mr. White, but the last thing you need is another cup of coffee.

MR. PINK: These ladies aren't starvin to death. They make minimum wage. When I worked for minimum wage, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job that society deemed tipworthy.

NICE GUY EDDIE: Ahh, now we're getting down to it. It's not just that he's a cheap :censor: --

MR. ORANGE: --It is that too--

NICE GUY EDDIE: --It is that too. But it's also he couldn't get a waiter job. You talk like a pissed off dishwasher: " :censor: those :censor: and their :censor: tips."

MR. BLONDE: So you don't care that they're counting on your tip to live?

MR. PINK: Do you know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin, playing just for the waitresses.

MR. BLONDE: You don't have any idea what you're talking about. These people bust their a :censor: . This is a hard job.

MR. PINK: So's working at McDonald's, but you don't feel the need to tip them. They're servin ya food, you should tip em. But no, society says tip these guys over here, but not those guys over there. That's :censor: .

MR. ORANGE: They work harder than the kids at McDonald's.

MR. PINK: Oh yeah, I don't see them cleaning fryers.

MR. BROWN: These people are taxed on the tips they make. When you stiff 'em, you cost them money.

MR. BLONDE: Waitressing is the number one occupation for female non-college graduates in this country. It's the one job basically any woman can get, and make a living on. The reason is because of tips.

MR. PINK: :censor: all that. Hey, I'm very sorry that the government taxes their tips. That's :censor: up. But that ain't my fault. it would appear that waitresses are just one of the many groups the government :censor: in the :censor: on a regular basis. You show me a paper says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it. But what I won't do is play ball. And this non- college :censor: you're telling me, I got two words for that: "Learn to :censor: type." Cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent, you're in for a big :censor: surprise.

MR. ORANGE: He's convinced me. Give me my dollar back.

JOE: Okay ramblers, let's get to rambling. Wait a minute, who didn't throw in?

MR. ORANGE: Mr. White.

JOE: Mr. White? Why?

MR. ORANGE: He don't tip.

JOE: He don't tip? You don't tip? Why?

MR. ORANGE: He don't believe in it.

JOE: He don't believe in it? You don't believe in it?

MR. ORANGE: Nope.

JOE: Shut up! Cough up the buck, , I paid for your :censor: breakfast.

MR. PINK: Because you paid for the breakfast, I'm gonna tip. Normally I wouldn't.

JOE: Whatever. Just throw in your dollar, and let's move. See what I'm dealing with here. Infants.

I kinda agree with MR PINK, only restaurants have made it so you feel sorry for the servers and therefore tip. Why can a restaurant get away with paying their people below minimum wage? That never made sense to me, goes along with hiding the true cost of a meal which is a bit annoying. Why don't restaurants just print the total cost on the menu, no tipping after the fact, pay the servers $10/hr or something descent and don't have people tip. I know *why* they don't do it, because servers can make alot more than $10/hr and the restaurant isn't having to pay them, the customers are, but it just seems like a wierd setup. Even if the price of every item was more, it would make more sense, just up every item by 15% and say no tipping...

I know how much money they make and all that but if someone does their job, what they are paid to do, why would you tip them, that's what they are paid to do. When I write a program I don't get a 'tip' because I finished it, it's my job, that's what I'm paid to do...I always tip (just not at Sonic), but I just don't like the whole idea of it.

I tip at Sonic.....because they bring me food instead of handing it through a window or over a counter....not great logic, but I tip them, pizza delivery,any body that goes above and beyond frowning at you when serving you like you are a disruption to their day....

Is it right? Probably not, but in today's society we have been so accustomed to terrible service that actually decent service seems like great service....

The girls at Sonic always come back and ask how the food is, make sure the order is right, and in general just check up on things....

To me that is worth the 10-15% of the five or $10 order......And I am addicted to #4 double cheeseburgers, hold the vegetables, with B-BQ sauce instead of Ketchup/Mustard/Mayo....mmmmm

i'm with Crusin, if you bring my food out to my car or to my table or whatever i'm going tip, unless you were sucked, were slow ect ect. same thing goes when i go to a bar, if i have to flag down a waitress or walk up the bar to order a drink, i'm not tipping.

Top Bottom