Tint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
is there a way to tone down the "mirror" finish on the rear windows? My tint on the front 2 are a dead black. Looks a tad mismatched.

My old 4runner had that and I hated it. Mine was in the window, so the only solution is to use a reflective tint on the fronts if you can get away with it.

It's $340 to retint all the rear windows. Damn. I was afraid of this. Atleast people cant see me pick my nose at stoplights anymore :)

CruisrrDug- did you get a mirror tint on the front afterwards?

90% of the time my windows are down... Why do I even care. Is this what the disease "mud" feels like? I can't stop doing stuff on my 100. Even if it's completley piontless. Like taking the entire front end off just to clean it and repaint a fading piece... I'm going crazy.

Buy 2004-2007 windows for the rear, they're black and not brown with the reflective hint to it. If you just darken the back ones they will be just as reflective, just darker.

Buy 2004-2007 windows for the rear, they're black and not brown with the reflective hint to it. If you just darken the back ones they will be just as reflective, just darker.

Hmmmm... that's good advice if all (or most) of your windows get broken out :confused: I think I would put the money into sliders, or a skid plate... or both. But hey... if they're that bothersome, sure. :meh:

Of course you could always strip the tint off the front windows if it's going to be a while before you have all your rear windows broken out. :hillbilly:

Hmmmm... that's good advice if all (or most) of your windows get broken out :confused: I think I would put the money into sliders, or a skid plate... or both. But hey... if they're that bothersome, sure. :meh:

Of course you could always strip the tint off the front windows if it's going to be a while before you have all your rear windows broken out. :hillbilly:

I learned to live with the mis-match over 5 years ago. It is the only way to fix the problem though, since they do not make a tint film that mimics the mirror like reflection of the 98-03 windows.

Yeah, I have the same problem. Both my 2000 (RIP) and my 2003 have the front windows tinted. At least the color is close, but as you said the tint is just not as reflective as the factory glass. :meh: It looks fine from the inside! :D

CruisrrDug- did you get a mirror tint on the front afterwards?

That was soooo long ago.......I think I just did a brown color to match the color of the factory tint. I believe the law in Texas was no reflective on the front and at my age then, I didn't push things. I didn't need anything extra for the cops to pull me over.

greetings,

I had everything tinted except the front windows for $195 at a specialty glass/tint shop. It looks super good because the factory reflective along with the dark tint makes it super dark and even all the way around. The tint (solar guard) will also supplement the factory tint keeping the truck cooler in the summer. i did mine mainly so people couldn't see what's in the back but the bonus is it looks good.

regards,
m.a.d.

I'll live with the difference. It's not that big of a deal. I guess since I JUST did it...I notice it.

I hear the 3M spray on tint looks good. I would be more inclined to tint my tail lights and other things before spraying it all over my windshield. I'll be gettingthe windshield tinted today. Driving in the evening now is nice. Not as many headlights at intersections shining inside. Now it's just really bright looking foward. I'm doings 50% , any objections? Darker, lighter?

Dark windshield will completely open you up for liabilities if you hit anything/one at night.

I called insurance. It's covered if it's at a legal %. I'm covered. Off to the shop!

hey mate,

no way would i darken my front windshield. I want as much light passing through, i want to see. I understand though about glare. i wear gas pearmeable contacts and the glare is stupid distracting at night but i can see. sometimes i wear polarized yellow costa del mar lenses if i need to see really well but otherwise i would rather have glare than dark spots or places i can't see.

regards,
m.a.d.

Paint the center of your hood black. Looks cool and is actually functional. Did it on my white 80 and loved it.

I know Exiled did his hood with a black insert... I just don't know about having the center piece blacked out on a silver 100( I'm saying this with black rims, rear vents, grill, emblems, and other things....) might take it overboard. Especially on a all stock truck. I trying to plan out a trip to see slee in the first of summer and get some work done. Maybe a lift and sliders. I don't know which I want first. The lift is a definate. I just have to debate a combo bar vs. sliders... Then I'll do some paint work.

How about a matte silver? would that help a little?

Got any pics of the center piece on your 80 Corey?

A black center section on a silver truck looks great. The owner after me did that to my old 60 series. I went for more bling and did a US flag on the hump. He didn't like it, so he had it blacked out.

Another idea would be to get some design and have perforated vinyl cut for the rear windows. This would mask the difference in colors. I've been looking at doing this for some time but I can't find a design that I like that will go with my whole theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom