Tink tink tink after parking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

swhme

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all— I’m trying to figure out a metallic “tink tink tink” sound that I get after parking for 5 minutes or so (never timed it). It happens consistently, at 5 degrees and 65 degrees, sounds like something hitting taut metal. Nothing pooling under parking spot.

any ideas?

Hey all— I’m trying to figure out a metallic “tink tink tink” sound that I get after parking for 5 minutes or so (never timed it). It happens consistently, at 5 degrees and 65 degrees, sounds like something hitting taut metal. Nothing pooling under parking spot.

any ideas?

Don’t know what it is but my 2000 does that too. I figured it had something to do with the exhaust.

It's Lemmiwinks

It may be the converter heat shield(s). Mine was rather annoying even tinking when driving around. I tried some hose clamps as others have used on the forum with no luck. I was able to islate the offender and removed it...now I'm a happy camper.

any ideas?
Normal for CATs, after running in higher RPMs. Like on HWY at 80MPH. Or if you drive with lead foot from stop to stop.

If you've a lite foot and driving lower speed/RPM, with cooler OATs of 5f to 65F. Engine may be running hot. Just to be safe. I'd watch engine coolant temps (ECT) and long term fuel trims (FT), through tech stream.

In 06 w/OAT 5f to 65F. I'd look for ECT of ~182 to ~187F. Higher OAT say ~75f to ~95F, look for ECT ~187 to ~192F. LT FT of -+ 3% is sweet spot. I use a Blue Drive and watch & log with my iphone.

In 06 w/OAT 5f to 65F. I'd look for ECT of ~182 to ~187F. Higher OAT say ~75f to ~95F, look for ECT ~187 to ~192F. LT FT of -+ 3% is sweet spot. I use a Blue Drive and watch & log with my iphone.

giphy.gif

Normal for CATs, after running in higher RPMs. Like on HWY at 80MPH. Or if you drive with lead foot from stop to stop.

If you've a lite foot and driving lower speed/RPM, with cooler OATs of 5f to 65F. Engine may be running hot. Just to be safe. I'd watch engine coolant temps (ECT) and long term fuel trims (FT), through tech stream.

This is really helpful. I ordered a bluedrive and will watch it and see how the numbers look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom