Wanted Tiney little cover for top mounted wiper FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posted this before but listed it as a "washer" part and not "wiper".

wiper_part.jpg

Thanks!

still looking! Can trade:

Nice new hood to bib rubber bumper!
Or- a gasket for the "4 Wheel Drive" emblem!

NOS FJ40 '68 complete set of tail lights and brackets.

Still haven't found one? I'll check some of the wiper motors I have stored away. Would be willing to do a trade.

John

Was just kidding about the tail lights! Still wanna trade? I knew I'd catch somebody if I dangled that worm out there!

Oh btw... found my rear seats <FINALLY!>

Just got one from SOR, but it doesn't fit very well. It will need some silicone glue maybe? Good luck

interested in precisely the same plastic cover as trekker.

trekker, do you have dimensions for the switch handy? (my truck is 1500 miles away right now) But I found several covers for Mac video connectors that might fit (then you can have one for free).

That's a good idea. I'll check as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the offer!

If you can find me a mold-maker, I might be willing to let one of my NOS ones loose for a little while.;)

DSRTRDR- I tried a few of my scsi covers and video connector plastic pieces and they are close but not an exact fit. Grab a few connector covers and try them out on your wiper. I did a quick measurement and they are 2 7/32" x 1/2". Not having the piece I would guess that could be anywhere from 3/8 to 1/2" high. Let me know how you make out.

Mark- Get some made and you could make millions! I think it would be less expensive to purchace an entire motor.

the largest cover I have is precisely 1/2" x 2" (inner dimensions of plastic), medium size is 1/2" x 1 11/16", and the shortest 1/2: x 1.5". But my truck is in AZ :-( and I am in NE; so cannot check until in a few weeks :doh:. I haven't started scouring the mega plastic places yet (can't believe there would not be a thingy in Walmart or Home Depot that couldn't be made to fit; the snapping function might be difficult to fab). Apparently the OEM piece gets lost too easily, justifying the need for an "aftermarket fix" :flipoff2: I'll let you know when I find a good solution. In my truck, I first need to solder one of the wires onto the stop switch again, it's just hanging there. (The OEM soldering apparently leaves something to be desired, too, even though all is well protected behind the sun visor).

Has anyone ever sourced a replacment for this cover?

I have one of each type; later years had screws to hold in place
early version is perfect
what's they worth?

I tested the waters with one of my NOS ones on Ebay a couple of years back. I listed it at ten bucks with a buy it now at $30.

It was gone in one hour!:eek:

Gee thanks Mark! Shhhhhhh! I pm'ed him with an offer for $10! Oh well.

I'll take the ball and have some made if I could get my hands on one. Or if someone could post a picture or two. I have never seen one before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom