Tincup/Hancock Pass 6/8/12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not sure if anyone will be interested in a Friday trip. But my work schedule is a little screwy. I was planning on running up Tincup and possible Hancock pass to see where the snowpack is at or if the passes might be open. Anyone is welcome to join. I'm meeting a friend of mine at the Gunsmoke Travel Plaza in Johnson's Village at 9:00 AM. We can set something up in town to meet if anyone wants.

I took a trip down to the San Juans this week...there is NO snow anywhere! All of the trails in that area are dry and open. It really looks like August out there. From what I could tell...the Tincup area is pretty much snow free, but I didn't do any wheeling there.

As of 5/30 it is closed about a 1/4 mile from the top traveling from st. Elmo. Might be open by the time you go. I found that at bushducks.com. Hope it helps

Thanks for the info! Hopefully it will be clear

was back there 2 weeks ago on gunny side busted open the connecter rd to the alpine tunnel hancock looked clear on gunny side, tommichi is snowed in still on shelf rd for awhile< and made it to the top of taylor pass gunny side right before the very top one drift left u can prob make now ..dont know how clear aspen side is, anything north facing is still holding snow good over here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom