Timing wierdness and questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Surprised you didn't have it marked from when you had it here. And no offense, but the tip of your rotor looks like doo - doo. IMO more advance
Yes, my lack of foresight and my slovenly behavior surprise even myself sometimes.
Thank you pees

So, who remembers the Jim C thread about the disintegrating, travel limiting, (not metal), bushing that needs to be on the pin I’m pointing at in the bottom of this big cap distributor? If I remember correctly, without it you get way too much centrifugal advance and too quickly to boot. Any of you guys remember where to find this? I’m thinking this could be contributing to Pighead’s problem.View attachment 2868084
From my calculations, with a missing stop pin bushing, there is somewhere between 6 to 6-1/2 degrees extra total advance (a little over 3 degrees distributor advance).

I think that once the bushing is toast, the weight and its mass can be just a bit further out, which would cause centrifugal advance at a lower rpm?

also a rusty spring isn't going to have the same spring rate

You need a bushing ( metal or plastic ) that is 1/4”OD x 1/4” height with a #8 screw ID. If you search “distributor stop pin bushing dimensions “ posted by ducktapeguy 11-15-13 there is a discussion about this.

I chopped my Hillman bushing with a knife so it fit the weight. Mine was an earlier distributor.
I think the springs would be a good score too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom