Timing & Spark Plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have the spark plug order for the dizzy on a FJ40? Also, is there an easy way to adjust the timing without going insane? thanks
RYAN

trekker said:

What would be the way in which I'd go about doing that..?

Prozac

I've been dealing with timing for a while and have come to the conclusion that my particular engine just likes to be advanced a degree or two. There should be no headaches with adjusting timing, unless something is wrong. A plain old timing light should do the trick. Also, make sure your flywheel has that little shiny ball in it (about 1 inch to the right of the tdc line), then shine it up. If it is not there,use white out. Just undo the knob on the distributor housing and twist either direction to get the ball to line up with the pointer on your bellhousing. THis will give you 7 degrees of advance. One thing to check first, find the ball and line it up with the pointer on the bellhousing, then look under your distributor cap, the rotor should be pointing to spark plug wire #1 or #6, depending on the stroke.

There have been a pile of disscussions on the board. Use the "search" function and terms like:

timing
dizzy
TDC
spark plugs
insane

I've found out that the best responses to q's here on mud is that you do a little research first and then ask a more specific question. There is a boatload of great info here.

Do you have a Haynes manual or a FSM?

:beer:

Sorry, can't seem to resist the smartass remarks...

Try here.

And if that doesn't work, try here.

And if that doesn't work, try here.

Just trying to help:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom