Ok, so I was on my way back from Drummond Island, about 4 hours out and 1.5 hours from home, and coming up to a 4 way stop I had to jam on my brakes. My right foot nailed the brake about a second before the left hit the clutch, and I stopped pretty hard, but in time. Taking off from the 4 way, idle was OK, but any RPM above idle was rough, with LOTS of backfiring, and chugging, and I pulled over w/ engine running at idle. I believe that my timing got F*d up, how exactly does the timing work on a cruiser? Where is the timing belt, or is it a "zero tolerance" and did I really screw something up, or a minor fix? BTW my starter also went out, have to hand crank it - new from Toyota for $35, I got the last one in inventory!! P.S. The trails on Drummond are fun, and a stock cruiser can tackle 99% of what I came across, the other 1% was a veritable cliff... Extended differential breathers are a MUST, as well as travelling by pairs or some sort of recovery option (i.e. come-a-long or winch) just in case... The Explorer and I are 1-1. Recap: Timing, what can/should I do?