Timing Cover Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Worth mentioning. I had a cover gasket here on hand, but I got a fresh new OEM one just to be sure. The OEM was thicker than what I had here. the OEM had blue writing on the stock it was cut from. The one I had here was plain with no blue on it, so I assume it was after market and no idea where I got it, but the OEM was nicer. I'm guessing it's possible that a thinner after-market gasket might cause the three shorter bolts on the right to bottom out on the block before getting proper gasket squeeze. Just a thought.

Worth mentioning. I had a cover gasket here on hand, but I got a fresh new OEM one just to be sure. The OEM was thicker than what I had here. the OEM had blue writing on the stock it was cut from. The one I had here was plain with no blue on it, so I assume it was after market and no idea where I got it, but the OEM was nicer. I'm guessing it's possible that a thinner after-market gasket might cause the three shorter bolts on the right to bottom out on the block before getting proper gasket squeeze. Just a thought.
That's good to know. I'm not sure what kit the engine shop used but I do have the leftover box so I'll check that when I get back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom