Timing Cover Gasket - Any tips or secrets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use contact cement, Gasgacinch, or Caterpillar, 5H-2471, to attach the gasket to the front cover, and then use the Toyota FIPG, 00295-00103 between the cover and the engine block/end plate.

More info here...

:meh:

Poser.

Ive read the link backwards and forwards. Hell, Im actually the last post on the thread.

Just didnt recall the timing cover being mentioned in that particular thread.

I figured I could use that cement on timing cover side and then black sealant on block side of gasket.

I was just asking.....geez.:rolleyes:

AR

Do you know where the shorter bolts are to be installed? Do you have a picture or a diagram?

get the toyota cork gasket and get the toyota black FIPG only way to roll... oh and I think 2 bolts are shorter than the others, make sure they go back in the correct places

I figured it out. Here is a diagram from SOR for an 1978 FJ40. The majority of the bolts are the shorter ones shown as 1 . It is pretty obvious where they go. The two longer bolts shown as 2 are to be installed at about 12oclock and 3oclock or some where in there. And the bottom two shown as 3 are the large bolts which you will need to seal with permatex RTV #2 before you install them.

Good luck.
034-100A.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom