Timing chain noise...?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hope this helps someone looking for powersteering part numbers as i was unable to locate what I was looking for with the search option. Im new to the group so i assume with a search i can locate supporting venders.....thanks again to everyone for the help.

Thank you for coming back here to post! It helps all in the long run!

You can buy a new one through McGeorge Toyota or through partsouq.

You may be able to find a used one from @slow95z or @arcteryx . They will check in here because I called them by mentioning them.

The gear you have is probably useable if you take some time to clean up the teeth will a file and a die grinder as @Tools R Us stated.

This has been a common problem when folks pull the pump and going the teeth. Most generally, they clean up the teeth and put it back together.

Good luck!

Gouge, not going.

I do have used pumps but I would try to clean up the one you have.

Ive removed the pump and inspected the gear and all looks to be good. There was a slight nick on the top edge of 3 teeth that i smoothed out, but nothing on the face. Ive reinstalled it for the fourth time and now only have a slight tick. My 80's idle is stupid silent, and i dont think i could even hear it if the engine wasn't so quiet. Im contemplating now what im going to do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom