Timing chain cover oil leak - what else do I do when I fix this leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this will resolve my concern of doing the head gasket but what else should I address while I have this area open.

And yes i have done the distributor o ring and oil pump cover gasket.

I hate leaks. But this one will have to just leak until I save up some money. Not sure I can get this deep into a repair with my experience or available time.

It is leaking about three or four drops on carport after every time I run it. But much more under the truck.

IMG_1314.JPG

I run 5w40 oil. If I go thicker could that slow the leak temporarily? If so what should I change to. Thanks if anyone can help.

Not sure what you mean when you said that "this will resolve my concern of doing the head gasket".
It's difficult to tell, from the photo where the leak is but if you have not done the HG yet, you might consider doing it being that far into the engine. Also: belts, water pump, thermostat, idled pully, address possible PS pump leaks, new alternator brushes, replace fan clutch fluid....

I will have to address the head gasket when doing this seal is what I meant. Most other stuff typical items on the front of engine have been done. Was not sure about what to do inside that cover and how far it would have to be opened to get this done.

Pull the cvr, got to pull pans too, can looking at the guides maybe change yours if they are broke or cracked or if you want new style

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom