Timing belt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for your lesson in the English language. I certainly didn’t have the ability to read that he said 06 until you told me that. I appreciate your teachings.

They’re all interference engines, VVTI or not.
Why didn't you change your timing belt before it broke? You really should have done that.

Why didn't you change your timing belt before it broke? You really should have done that.
Lol. That was just lovely! I think you and I both share a very dry, dark sense of humor :rofl:

P.S. he obviously didn't know that it was going to break. Until next time...

Car-part.com. I did an engine swap for a buddy. Took us 4 solid days of suffering. Good luck.

At my age I wouldn't want to have to replace an engine. Not on consecutive days anyway.

Maybe pull the engine on day 1&2.....recuperate a couple of days then attack it again. Thankfully I'm retired and have other modes of transportation, so I can take my time, but others might not have that luxury.

I'm good about preventative maintenance....but threads like this one (timing belt broke), serve to keep me all the more attentive.

Why didn't you change your timing belt before it broke?

I'm good about preventative maintenance....but threads like this one (timing belt broke), serve to keep me all the more attentive.

I think the timing belt broke question is questionable. the 2 threads I linked to earlier had an issue that caused the belt to break. the belt didn't break on its own.
it's all the more reason to use quality components from reputable sources.

I think the timing belt broke question is questionable. the 2 threads I linked to earlier had an issue that caused the belt to break. the belt didn't break on its own.
it's all the more reason to use quality components from reputable sources.

^^^^^

I agree, most of the time a belt will 'shred' because the water pump or a pulley will seize. Quality timing belts are remarkably rugged and 'should' not break by themselves for many miles past the recommended maintenance replacement schedule. Cheap Chinese Belts....no such thing applies.

IMO, it is foolish to NOT replace all components with every belt change. Water Pump, tensioner, idlers, etc...., its not that much more expense. But regardless the 'reason' for a belt breaking....it does happen on occasion and engine damage 'can' occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom