Timing belt/water pump etc -- genuine Toyota or aftermarket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lono

one hand waving free
Threads
I picked up an 04 LC 2.5 years ago that had spent its whole life in the south. TB was replaced ten years ago at ~90k, but I suspect the PO skipped the water pump as it started weeping about a year ago. Miles are right at 170k, so it's nearly due for the full TB/WP/pulley/seals etc job--especially since the PO probably only did the TB.

Nothing novel about this question, except that I'm probably going to sell it this spring/summer. Wife is in an 08 200 and I'd like to take her rig as my DD and put her in a 16+ 200 with the newer safety features. I don't have a third garage stall or driveway space to park the 100 outside.

100 series are increasingly going to enthusiasts and that being the case, I'm on the fence about whether to spring for genuine Toyota parts/service at the dealership or aftermarket at an independent. What kind of discount do you think I'll take by going with the latter assuming it goes to an enthusiast?

Get your parts from @cruiseroutfit, take the truck to State Auto in Sandy.

We would love to help! We stock basic timing belt kits as well as fully loaded kits with seals, serp belt, tensioners, etc. Give us a shout! 801-563-1277

State Auto is a great place to have it installed too!

I agree with all the above. I had a 99 LX that I bought the Aisin kit that Cruiser Outfitters stocks, but I actually had Lexus of Lindon perform the install. They were cheaper than State Auto and had a lower lead time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom