Timing Belt/Water Pump Change on a 27K Barn Find? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am buying a stock 27K original Mile 2006 Land Cruiser : ) My question is should I change timing belt/water pump based on age or wait for the miles per the manual?

New Tires and OEM Shocks and Heater T's are the first things I will change.

Thanks!

C

Yes. IIRC, the interval is 90k miles or 108 months (9 years), whichever comes first.

Pull one of the top covers and inspect belt. IF cracked/crazed replace, if not drive a few thousand miles and check again.

ALL rubber products degrade with time....BUT these belts are pretty darn tough. Water pump should be fine and all the idlers, tensioners and bearings should be too. I'd drive it some and let the vehicle tell you what it needs.

IF the rest of vehicle is in really good shape, personally, I'd clean it up and list it on BAT.

2006 has an interference (VVTi) engine, so better be safe than sorry. It's 16 years so I'd highly recommend to replace the timing belt (use OEM as that can last 100K miles or 10 years easily: Non OEm can last 50K). You probably don't need anything else with this repair. No need to replace the water pump, idler and tensioner bearings. Hydraulic tensioner usually lasts for ever.. my 97 4runner still have the OEM tensioner.

“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”

My take, yes.

I'll post pics as soon as I pick it up! But attached is a teaser 👀

36890981-89f5-4720-a872-5b13ee7b2b12.JPG

0c8741f1-fcea-431d-93b0-bb10a9e320ae.JPG

PHOTO-2021-06-25-17-51-33.jpg

What spec is this? Land cruiser with factory wooden steering wheel and no navigation? Looks great though.

27k?! Yeah, in this market it would be hard not to flip that...

That's a 70 grand truck on BAT, easy.

No Nav, no AHC, extremely low mileage. Is this a canadian truck?

Check the radiator for residue and potential clogs. Also, get the heater T's replaced.

One lucky owner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom