Timing belt - to replace or not to replace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LX/LC water pumps, timing belts, pulleys will last muuuuch longer than most owners seem to think. Saving your money is certainly an option here. 2006-07 interference engines deserve a closer eye however.

It’s been 9 years but only 12k miles. When I opened the cover it looks brand new.

Gonna roll with it.
I once had a very low mile “cream puff” vehicle . It had such low miles, had rearely been driven by an elderly man. I loved it… until the engine blew up shortly after I started using it.

When we tore into it.. it turned out the oil pickup screen was clogged/sludge all over the engine. Hypothesis .. probably the oil had been changed based on miles driven. Rather than time.

Ever since then.. very low mileage cars scare me. I’d rather have average miles that was driven and serviced regularly..

Some folks get stuck on the low miles is better camp.. I beg to differ

With that little use.. 12k in 9 years.. I’d be inclined to tear the whole thing apart, replace all seals hoses and bushings and flush all systems as a baseline before really driving it.

Ever since then.. very low mileage cars scare me. I’d rather have average miles that was driven and serviced regularly..

Some folks get stuck on the low miles is better camp.. I beg to differ
No doubt about it. Way over priced and many times more issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom