1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing Belt for 2H Engine

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by Jim_Phillips, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

I have no idea when my timing belt was changed (if ever). My local garage has said it's a days work - can this be true? Is it much of a job? Also, how often shoul it be changed.

Thanks, Jim

2. The Dude

The Dude

Jim, there is no timing belt on your 2H. :whoops: It has gear driven timing.

3. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

That's the best news I've had all day! I could tell the mechanic had no idea what he was talking about either. I looked thru the manual online a birfield.com (slow business with a dial up) and could find no reference to a timing belt so suspected it might be gear driven. Oh well, we live and learn :D

4. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

[quote author=Jim_Phillips link=board=21;threadid=12407;start=msg113744#msg113744 date=1078241175]
    That's the best news I've had all day! I could tell the mechanic had no idea what he was talking about either. I looked thru the manual online a birfield.com (slow business with a dial up) and could find no reference to a timing belt so suspected it might be gear driven. Oh well, we live and learn :D
    [/quote]

One more of the advantajes of Toy ( olds ) engine .. ! ( if is Diesel better )