Timing Belt for 2H Engine

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by Jim_Phillips, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

I have no idea when my timing belt was changed (if ever). My local garage has said it's a days work - can this be true? Is it much of a job? Also, how often shoul it be changed.

Thanks, Jim

2. The Dude

The Dude

Jim, there is no timing belt on your 2H. :whoops: It has gear driven timing.

3. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

That's the best news I've had all day! I could tell the mechanic had no idea what he was talking about either. I looked thru the manual online a birfield.com (slow business with a dial up) and could find no reference to a timing belt so suspected it might be gear driven. Oh well, we live and learn :D

4. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

[quote author=Jim_Phillips link=board=21;threadid=12407;start=msg113744#msg113744 date=1078241175]
    That's the best news I've had all day! I could tell the mechanic had no idea what he was talking about either. I looked thru the manual online a birfield.com (slow business with a dial up) and could find no reference to a timing belt so suspected it might be gear driven. Oh well, we live and learn :D
    [/quote]

One more of the advantajes of Toy ( olds ) engine .. ! ( if is Diesel better )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.