Timing belt change (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Even the 2UZ-FE uses two belts. The Serpentine belt that 'drives' all the accessories and the 'Timing Belt' who's primary function is for Cam Timing but it does drive the water pump in addition to that. Just never heard of it being referred to as a drive belt.
Difficult to decipher that. There is really only one 'drive' belt and that would be the Serpentine belt that drives the accessories on the front of the engine (alternator, A/C Compressor,Fan clutch, Power steering pump). The other belt (timing belt) is housed behind several covers (as are the water pump, tensioner, idler pulleys). There is not a good way to determine their condition short of going in that far to inspect...OR abnormal noises from that area or water pump leak.

Absent any leaks or noises.....I would drive it without worry.
This might sound really lay.
Could a noise coming because of TB/pulleys be cyclic that that increases freq when accelerated? There is this very slight cyclic noise that I hear only reflecting off of a wall. Like if I’m next to a wall (sitting in the car) and very close to the walI, I can hear it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom