Timing Advance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yankeetoys.org
Crusier_Nerd said: "I think I checked that advancer when we put it in and it was working. My understanding is that the vacuum advancer is for acceleration....but your total advance (higher rpm) is mechanical (centrifugal) from the weights under the points plate.....that's why that other dizzy was at least working for you (because of the mechanical advance) even though the vacuum wasn't hooked up. That's about the extent of what I know though... "

hmm, well the diaphram doesnt hold vaccume. I should be able to push it in and then put my finger over the hole for the vaccume line and it should stay in whatever position it was in until I release my finger, right?

Yep, I just gave it a suck, saw it moved, and was happy. Not sure if pushing it in is a good check because there won't be any vacuum in the diaphragm until it actually moves back some under spring action to create a vacuum...... maybe suck on it, stick your tongue on the port and see if it holds........or get one of those vacuum gizmos.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom