Time to start a Santa Cruz Cruiser Club? (1 Viewer)

Road Apple

SILVER Star
We have a few Land Cruiser owners in the Santa Cruz area. Seems like I see a built rig in town every month or so. Would be good to have a place on MUD to connect everyone; to give new people a point of contact.

Below is the list of MUD members I’m aware of in the Santa Cruz area. Anyone else you can think to add?
There might be a couple people on the NorCal Bay Area TLC FJ80 Facebook page? Diego Imprenta is one.

Is it time to start a club? At the very least, I’d like to compile a contact list to send out info and trail run dates. You guys interested in getting together for Hollister or Sierra trail runs? I for one would like to run some more difficult Sierra trails with a group.

“Santa Cruisers” or “Santa Cruzers”
are a couple club names that come to mind. Other club name ideas, assuming we move forward?

Thanks....Ron
Road Apple
KN6KAM

@Shoredreamer
@LantaCruz
@DanMedeiros
@Hyup
@icorradoi
@ndebt
@GaryN

Last edited:
I'm another in Santa Cruz, with a 97. Also there is the very nice dark colored 100 series I think -- with the Taosam license plate. Would be fun to run around with other folks with landcruisers.
Am a member of the Santa Cruz 4wd club - which have regular runs from easy (hollister) to not-so-easy (swamp, fordyce). Mostly Jeeps, with a toyota truck, broncos, and crawlers.

Road Apple

SILVER Star
I’m not a member of the Santa Cruz 4wd club, but would like to meet up with them. Like you said, would be nice to wheel with other cruisers. Makes it easy to share parts and make repairs when needed. I’ll PM you for contact info.

Last edited:

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Morro Bay, At the edge of the Pacific ocean
Interested in wheeling with other Cruisers, Like running hard trails, not into the club thing, just want to wheel with other solid wheelers.
There's a few of us on the Central Coast that like hitting the trails.
Maybe a meet and greet at Hollister it's a good Central spot

Last edited:
Hey Ron,

Good on you for kicking this off. There are plenty of nice Cruisers and Cruiserheads in Santa Cruz and surrounding areas. We definitely should get the ball rolling with a little trail day at Hollister or the like.

Chris

Road Apple

SILVER Star
We definitely should get the ball rolling with a little trail day at Hollister or the like.
I few people have expressed interest in a Hollister trail day. Still don’t have my truck back, but after 7 months of waiting, the front springs and radius arms finally showed up. Suspension completed, the armor can be built. I’ll post here when the diff and t-case gears are installed and I’m ready for a shakedown trip to Hollister.

We have a few Land Cruiser owners in the Santa Cruz area. Seems like I see a built rig in town every month or so. Would be good to have a place on MUD to connect everyone; to give new people a point of contact.

Below is the list of MUD members I’m aware of in the Santa Cruz area. Anyone else you can think to add?
There might be a couple people on the NorCal Bay Area TLC FJ80 Facebook page? Diego Imprenta is one.

Is it time to start a club? At the very least, I’d like to compile a contact list to send out info and trail run dates. You guys interested in getting together for Hollister or Sierra trail runs? I for one would like to run some more difficult Sierra trails with a group.

“Santa Cruisers” or “Santa Cruzers”
are a couple club names that come to mind. Other club name ideas, assuming we move forward?

Thanks....Ron
Road Apple
KN6KAM

@Shoredreamer
@LantaCruz
@DanMedeiros
@Hyup
@icorradoi
@ndebt
@GaryN
Not hard to start your own club page. Just PM woody, that's what I did to start this club page.

Wanted: Road trip ideas!

Backstory: Ana and I married with a 4 person (includes witness/pastor) ceremony @ rocky point big sur 4/9/11. Magic event, but that's another story.

Anyway, or 10th is this year with a dictated trip up to "the spot". I am trying to make a nice offroad/overland trip out of this (dana piont to big sur). I was first thinking heading to the epic Coast Ridge Road as our base route. Idea is to spend 3-4 days on a lazy trail ride north.

Problem: it has come to my attention that weather related hazards in conjunction with fire damage as resulted in the closing of the backcountry/coast ridge road (confirmed w. call to NFS). This may change since it's a few months before our trip, but thought I would reach out to the cruiser crew for other options (that would pass through Big Sur).

Thanks in advance!

Road Apple

SILVER Star
Highway 1 is impassable at one point in the Big Sur area.

Coast Ridge road was closed due to COVID as well.

Not aware of any other offroad trails near Santa Cruz other than Hollister Hills, which is open with limited camping.

Last edited:
Highway 1 is impassable at one point.

Coast Ridge road was closed due to COVID as well.

Not aware of any other offroad trails near Santa Cruz other than Hollister Hills, which is open with limited camping.

Rats.

I'm not a big oh park person, already break enough stuff in the touring (overist = overland tourist) mode.

i hope thing improve in the ensuing 2 months, otherwise taking the Subaru:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom