Time to Replace the old F Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mrboatman

GOLD Star
Threads
I`ve had some blow-by for the past 3 months or so well actually a lot of blow-by. So I did a compression test and it went #1=132 #2=60 #3=135 #4=137 #5=146 #6=155. So today I stuck a bore scope in to #2 spark plug hole and now I know why so much blow-by.

Image_2022-01-11 13_15_13_396.JPG
Image_2022-01-11 13_07_03_695.JPG

Exhaust valve in head? if so just get a new head. All the other numbers are good.
I wish that is the top side of the piston you can see part of the top ring. But it still runs good just has lots of blow-by

Thanks for showing that pic. I have a lot of blow-by in my early '63 ('64 1F) but my compression numbers are all really good. Good luck with "fix" or replacement.

Haven't you guys heard of JB Weld?
On a side note, I bought a cheap scope online on a whim and I love it. I’ve looked in engines, dryer vents, attic, bird houses, spied on my kids. They are great!

Do a “dumbed down 2f”. I did it on mine and it is a major improvement.

:popcorn:

A gin pole is a really useful piece of equipment.
Yes it is. It makes lifting and moving heavy items a little easier.

Got some time today and ran a compression test. these were a cold engine. I was happy :)
#1 = 160
#2 = 150
#3 = 150
#4 = 150
#5 = 155
#6 = 160

Last edited:
Nice compression numbers!

Don't dumb it down too much. Keep that carb!

I'm about to start hooking up the vacuum lines on the desmoged 2F I got from an 83' FJ60 in my 69' and have realized that if I use the non USA carb I bought instead of the stock one I give up a bunch of vacuum ports that are essential to the HAC and ICS. One thing I really disliked when I used to drive the 40 with the 1F was how it bogged down and ran really rich at high altitude. Coming from sea level so barely made it over most the passes in the Sierras. 🙃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom