Time to Rebuild... 1FZ-FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have got a 2000 model Lc100 with an Inline 6, 4.5 EFI (1FZ-FE)

The cruiser has cloaked 400k Kms so far in the last 30k kms I have had issues with the auto transmission were in it slips from 2nd gear to 3rd gear. So I thought it would be the perfect time for a transmission and engine rebuild. At the moment the car is running on 285/70/17 Maxxis Bravo A/T 980 tires with Method Race wheels. The Lc has been lifted to 2" with a set of Dobinsons torsion bars, shocks, and rear springs. Everything else is stock.

I have a goal in mind and that is to have a minimum of 350 - 400 WHP plus keeping in mind that this will be my daily driver will need to get the best possible millage I can get.

I have already got the gearbox out and having it been worked on. The guys in the shop have got the solenoids and the gasket I am waiting for the clutch kit to come in stock. That should take two to three days. Thinking of also upgrading the valve body at the same time so that the gearbox is able to handle the added power. As soon as the gearbox rebuild has been completed will get it installed just so that I can have it tested and make sure it works fine.

Once that's done will drop the motor and have it rebuilt. My question is what should I do so that I can reach my goal of 350 WHP without the need of supercharging or turbocharging. Thinking of getting heavy duty Pistons, Connecting rods, Valves, Cams, and Headers.

Appreciate your honest advice since I am not technical enough and since I am having the engine overhauled what are the other things/parts I have to have it checked since the engine is out.

Thanks

Short of reconstructing this thing with a formula 1 design team and rebuilding it every 5000 miles, I don't think you're going to get anywhere near that power without forced induction.

Can we see some pics of the truck? Is this one of the solid front axle 100 series? Do want.

Short of reconstructing this thing with a formula 1 design team and rebuilding it every 5000 miles, I don't think you're going to get anywhere near that power without forced induction.

Can we see some pics of the truck? Is this one of the solid front axle 100 series? Do want.

Sadly it is not a solid axle. IFS :(

IMG_20170721_131128.jpg

ok I had to do a quick wikipedia search to figure what on earth that thing is

Your J100 came with a 240hp 1fz??? That's more power than the UZJ100 V8 had here.

I want. Badly. Can I have it?

ok I had to do a quick wikipedia search to figure what on earth that thing is

Your J100 came with a 240hp 1fz??? That's more power than the UZJ100 V8 had here.

I want. Badly. Can I have it?

FZJ100

Direct ignition 1FZ-FE

And some other fun things.

New Model Catalog talks about the updates to the 1FZ for this year range.

So just for your own knowledge, your truck makes 240hp at the crank stock. That translates to about 150WHP. To get from 150WHP to 350WHP is going to take a lot more than any modifications you can make keeping it Naturally Aspirated. You might be able to pick up 35 maybe 45WHP with higher compression and cams. To get 350WHP you are going to need 10+psi of boost.

Any amount of horsepower is possible, it all depends on HOW MUCH MONEY your willing to spend. In this case, cost wise the foundation your starting with to make the level of horsepower you want, would be a very poor choice. Your best option for the money, would be an American V8 swap, like one of the late model Chevy LS engines. In the case of LS motor, you can buy a new crate motor that right out of the box will meet all your horsepower requirements.

Last edited:
So just for your own knowledge, your truck makes 240hp at the crank stock. That translates to about 150WHP. To get from 150WHP to 350WHP is going to take a lot more than any modifications you can make keeping it Naturally Aspirated. You might be able to pick up 35 maybe 45WHP with higher compression and cams. To get 350WHP you are going to need 10+psi of boost.
A loss of 90whp sounds rather high. That's nearly 40%.

A loss of 90whp sounds rather high. That's nearly 40%.
You'd be surprised how much parasitic horsepower lost occurs in that automatic transmission, let alone the other parts of the drive train.

Pretty hilarious videos if you've never watched some of the insane engine swaps out there. Equivalent of putting an LS1 in a golf cart.

To make this "tech", there's a toyota pickup with a 2jz engine.

You'd be surprised how much parasitic horsepower lost occurs in that automatic transmission, let alone the other parts of the drive train.
My 80 is part time 4x4 so theoretically I doubled the power to my rear wheels. :hillbilly:

Okay good to know. Now if I go via the turbo charge route. How good is the axt turbo kit which is available for the lc100 (1FZ-FE) or is there a another kit which you feel is better.

Any amount of horsepower is possible, it all depends on HOW MUCH MONEY your willing to spend. In this case, cost wise the foundation your starting with to make the level of horsepower you want, would be a very poor choice. Your best option for the money, would be an American V8 swap, like one of the late model Chevy LS engines. In the case of LS motor, you can buy a new crate motor that right out of the box will meet all your horsepower requirements.

I did consider LS a while back but the problem would be getting the car registered every year would be a night mare since the engine number will not match the ones on the registration card.

Any way what would be the cost of a LS crate motor and all adapters and parts required to make it run.

I did consider LS a while back but the problem would be getting the car registered every year would be a night mare since the engine number will not match the ones on the registration card.

Any way what would be the cost of a LS crate motor and all adapters and parts required to make it run.
The answer to all your questions are in these links, many Mud members have done this swap, and they have posted many of the items you'll need to get to make the swap work, so enjoy the read.
8x Series V8 Swaps
Chevrolet Performance 19301326 - Chevrolet Performance LS3 6.2L 376 C.I.D 430 HP Engine Assemblies

Compare
Engine Assembly, Crate Engine, Aluminum Heads, Chevy, 6.2L LS3, Each

(6)

Part Number: NAL-19301326 More Detail...

Estimated Ship Date: Today

$6,979.77

• Free Shipping
Chevrolet Performance 19301360 - Chevrolet Performance LS3 6.2L 376 C.I.D 525 HP Engine Assemblies

Compare
Engine Assembly, Crate Engine, Aluminum Heads, Chevy, 6.2L LS3, Each

(8)

Part Number: NAL-19301360 More Detail...

Estimated Ship Date: Today

$8,498.74

Last edited:
FZJ100

Direct ignition 1FZ-FE

And some other fun things.

New Model Catalog talks about the updates to the 1FZ for this year range.

This bit of info got me curious. So, this engine was created to move around the heavier FZJ100 series? I'm guessing this engine has no emissions for USA market but can a rich, Mud bastard purchase this engine+ECU and stuff it in an 80?

This bit of info got me curious. So, this engine was created to move around the heavier FZJ100 series? I'm guessing this engine has no emissions for USA market but can a rich, Mud bastard purchase this engine+ECU and stuff it in an 80?

With enuff money you can purchase ANYTHING! There have been previous discussions of this motor on these pages. IIRC someone in Florida was importing one and trying to make it work in a NA rig. Hopefully that thread will resurface?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom