time machine

brian

SILVER Star

you have just invented the time machine, unfortunitly you only have enough "gas" for ONE, one-way trip.
you can go any when you want, but once you're there, you're THERE.
you can NOT take any technology with you,or the knowledge of said tech(you will know it was, but not how it worked), in addition knowledge of events to come will be lost. basic skills will be retained.
you will travel the age you are, and continue aging when you get there.
people in your life now, will not know you then.
once there you will simply blend in and resume life in your new time.

so when would you go?

me, mid 1930's.

So no killing Hitler in a dark alley in Vienna right after the first world war, when the fawker was just an artist?

HZJ60 Guy

Tank Buster
1873. I'd get a job working for Colts manufacturing, or Oliver F. Winchester.

Then I'd go west and get me a few thousand acres in Jackson Hole Wyoming.

I'd have soemthing like "BUY MICROSOFT STOCK! YOU'LL THANK ME" tatooed on my ass then go back to 1983.

Then, just to make sure I'll listen to my ass, I'll put something else on like "P.S.: If you don't belive me, tomorrow, _________ is going to happen."

Then when it really happens, I'd think my ass could tell the future and I'd do what it says.

Steve

PolterGeist said:
I'd have soemthing like "BUY MICROSOFT STOCK! YOU'LL THANK ME" tatooed on my ass then go back to 1983.

Then, just to make sure I'll listen to my ass, I'll put something else on like "P.S.: If you don't belive me, tomorrow, _________ is going to happen."

Then when it really happens, I'd think my ass could tell the future and I'd do what it says.

Steve

Sounds as logical to me as this thread so I'll second that.

PolterGeist said:

Steve
I'd go back to 1983 and read PolterGeist's ass. :D

First I'd get on a really strict diet..
then, I'd exercise 8 hours a day..
also, I'd have to learn how to ride aggressively and how to effectively use a sword etc..
Finally, I'd to the past around year 620 or so.. :cool:

I'd go back about 4 hrs, so I could get more sleep this morning. I'd forget some stuff but who cares, I wake up dumb as a post anyway. I can't imagine going anywhere away from my family, bro, sis, etc. Not appealing to me. If I could go anywhere/time then come back I'd go to the future, hookup with a ton of hookers, probably catch some disease, then just come back here and it would never have happened. :D

Edit: Wait a second, this is all making sense now...Brian (aka hot-pink sheet dude with lots of firearms) is actually here from the 19-ugly-sheet-80s...ahhh...all making sense now... :D

HZJ60 Guy said:
1873. I'd get a job working for Colts manufacturing, or Oliver F. Winchester.

Then I'd go west and get me a few thousand acres in Jackson Hole Wyoming.

Yeah.. I'd probably pick about that time maybe a little sooner. I'd love to see the west before the westward movement.

beaufort-fj60 said:
i would need a better time machine for that. one that travels in time and direction (seeing that i am on the redneck coast and that's up in yankee land)
LOL, they'd probably think you traveled into the future instead of back to the past. :flipoff2: :D :D

J/K :D

Top Bottom