Time for the old 3fe to get some love (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
AD60FD82-10F2-4E45-8701-93700304B993.jpeg

Well it’s time for the old girl to get some love.
The 3fe is leaking from the oil pan, rear main, steering gearbox and power steering pump. Planning on pulling the motor and get this sucker into tip top shape. Should I just knock out the issues or go ahead and replace other items like the water pump etc. while it is out.

I was going to ls swap this thing but had a change of heart, kinda diggin the slow life.

View attachment 2801304
Well it’s time for the old girl to get some love.
The 3fe is leaking from the oil pan, rear main, steering gearbox and power steering pump. Planning on pulling the motor and get this sucker into tip top shape. Should I just knock out the issues or go ahead and replace other items like the water pump etc. while it is out.

I was going to ls swap this thing but had a change of heart, kinda diggin the slow life.

I love it when I hear people say they like the slow life. You can slow down any time you choose with the LS.
I have heard that you do not have to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor every time you drive a truck with an LS in it :).
The LS swap is far more about reliability, long life and parts availability than speed.
Good luck with your project.

LS swap!!!!!

Trust me I have been back and fourth on the ls swap for several years. I know the overall parts availability for an ls will be far superior to the 3fe. I’m to the point of realizing I don’t hate it. I want to pull the motor to freshen it up give it a coat of paint. Paint the engine bay give the whole thing a deep clean, also figured pulling the engine would make it slightly easier on swapping those parts having it on a stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom