Time for Saline Valley Hot Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So it’s that time of year again where the desert temperatures are nice during the day which means its Death Valley time. I’d like to make a trip out to the hot springs when the big rain storms hit. Going in south pass when it has a few inches of snow makes for a good adventure. Last year we encountered a down tree and none of us had a saw or axe. The year before that we exited in white out conditions.

Here’s Ian’s truck leaving south pass last year.
SouthPassIan4Runner-1.jpg

Here’s my truck two years ago leaving.
DSCN4236.jpg

Here’s Ross’s truck next to mine. We need to retake this picture now that I have the lift.
DSCN4221.jpg

Side shot
SideShot.jpg

Who's interested in going?

Sounds like fun...

Can you say wagon run... :D

If mine is ready I'll like to go too....

Keep me posted. I was just there a couple of weeks ago, but you never know.

Ian and I were talking about early Feb. for the next run, but I'm always game.

Got plans to do the Mojave Road in December.

:cheers:

I need to get some cold weather gear.

Down jacket...... ask Randall why !!!!

Saline valley can get down to 20 deg but it's no big deal since you can stay in the hot tub. :)
Zion was worse for me last year than any dv trip so I bought a huge everest style 800 fill down jacket.

The first official Trailcrew Saline Valley hot springs run is happening this weekend. I will be leading people in Friday night after work around 7pm. I know this is short notice but that’s how it goes. Potential light rain on sat, sun, and mon. Whether or not that equates to some minor snow in the passes is yet to be seen. I will be checking NOAA before we leave to give everyone an update.

So far, we have three trucks going:

Tony and I going in Friday. Frank possibly joining in my truck.
Dave West on Sat coming in for one night.

I won't be able to make it either(as much as I would like to).

Going to see the Mummies this Sunday.

Have fun

Randy wish I could go but after being off for three weeks I go back to work tomorrow. Have a great time and take lots of pictures.

Samuel

Will do.

Looks like the first snow of the season will be hitting the pass tonight around midnight! Yesss.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain after midnight. Lows 35 to 41 in the mountains...around 54 at furnace creek. South wind 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph.

Saturday
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Windy. Snow level 6500 feet decreasing to 5500 feet in the afternoon. Highs 47 to 55 in the mountains...around 75 at furnace creek. South wind 20 to 30 mph. Gusts up to 45 mph in the afternoon.
» ZIP Code Detail

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain in the evening. Windy. Snow level 5500 feet. Lows 32 to 38 in the mountains...around 49 at furnace creek. South wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 60 mph becoming southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 45 mph after midnight.

Sunday
Mostly cloudy. A chance of mountain snow and lower elevation rain in the morning...then a chance of mountain snow showers with a slight chance of lower elevation rain showers in the afternoon. Snow level 4500 feet. Highs 43 to 51 in the mountains... around 69 at furnace creek. South wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 45 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.
» ZIP Code Detail

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers and mountain snow showers. Lows 27 to 33 in the mountains...around 48 at furnace creek.

Dave had a broken shock mount and the othe shock had a bad bushing so Dave drove out with no front shocks. My trany was overheating on the highway. I also had the rear brakeline over the diff brake. Seems not having the tee welded on shook the mounted brakeline enough to fatigue it. I had to seal the broken line, bleed the rear caliper and drive home with three brakes. No big deal. My starter also was being finicky when it got hot. The coil/plunger is done. Tony had to get under the truck twice for me and whack it so j could start it. Seems my truck still needs a lot of work. Pics to follow when I find my cameras cord...