Tilt steering column... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who's done it? What column out of what donor did you use? It would be nice to find one that matched the u-joint input and didn't require too mch modification. Maybe one out of a FJ60 or a 4Runner?

I tell ya, I'm 6'3", 235 lbs, and when I climb into my pig, I feel like a little old lady who has to peer between the steering wheel and the dash to see. The seat seems too low and the wheel too high. A tilt wheel should help. I wanna keep the bench seat to squeeze a kid between the wife and I and because I just like the look of it.

C'mon guys, one of you HAS to have put in a tilt column....

I have access to a wagoneer tilt column, I wonder if it'll slide up...?

i was looking at the tilt column from the donor 60 series i have, probly work real well, but i am happy with the wheel position on the piggy so i just dont see the need personally.

What would be cool is to swap in a tilt column, but keep the piggie wheel. Then you'd still look stock but sport a then unavailable option...

I've seen a tilt wheel installed into a 40. I believe that it was a chevy tilt wheel. The install also included chevy box and saginaw.

Shouldnt a toy mini truck be straight forward?

How common are mini tilts? I've never seen one, but then I've never looked for one, either... Hell, finding a mini in a salvage yard around here is a rare thing indeed. Those things go forever...

You could do something like this.....

abt.sized.jpg

that's 50x50mm RHS, that bolts to the mounts and the seat bolts to that.
only reason i need this is i replaced the original "shagged" bench seat with a better one, only it was mounted different (too low and too far forward) so i made theses up.
steady as a rock too :cool:

Dan.

BushBoy said:
You could do something like this.....

abt.sized.jpg

that's 50x50mm RHS, that bolts to the mounts and the seat bolts to that.
only reason i need this is i replaced the original "shagged" bench seat with a better one, only it was mounted different (too low and too far forward) so i made theses up.
steady as a rock too :cool:

Dan.

I thought about that, but I really like the amount of headroom I have (about 6"). I would regularly hit my head on the headliner in the old wagoneer I used to drive. Don't wanna do that anymore.

I dunno, I might slap a pillow in the seat just to get a feel for what it's like about 3" higher...If I like it, I just might do that, Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom