Tighter Colorado emissions standards starting 1/1/22 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone who doubts an FZJ80 can't average 40mpg over 400 miles needs to drive 80 from Evanston to Cheyenne. The non-stop 60mph tailwind pushes you right along. I once pulled out of Little America heading east and didn't realize the engine wasn't started for 30 miles. :)

Anyone who doubts an FZJ80 can't average 40mpg over 400 miles needs to drive 80 from Evanston to Cheyenne. The non-stop 60mph tailwind pushes you right along. I once pulled out of Little America heading east and didn't realize the engine wasn't started for 30 miles. :)
Ha ha, another good reason to move to Wyoming ;)

I know you all hate Calif, but it seems that the smog check are easier here, no dynos where I live.
The 80 has easily passed the biannual testing.
I think smog regulations are a good thing (clean air) but on 25 year old cars is just stupid !!!

My three favorite places to walk the Dog all less then 5 minutes form the house.

So just keep hating, I don't want the place to get ruined ;)

The Sunset view form my back porch :p

I think I can live with the smog checks no problem !!!

California Native

PS theirs a reason it's the most populous state Ha ha

The only CA smog I failed was this year with Lucas Upper Cylinder Treatment in the tank. I got high carbon monoxide if I recall. Ran the tank down, got a new tank of gas, and then retested well within limits as it has tested since I bought it in 2007. No dynos here either. Most I ever had to do was replace the original gas cap.

Got 1993 tested today. Denver CO. Bone stock. New Toyota cats in 2016. I don’t know what the new 2022 limits will be but I’m guessing I would have passed had I gotten the test in Jan 2022

B62F7D2D-CED5-4713-8EC7-D84766A4663C.jpeg

Here's my 4th test that I did in Fort Collins, April 2021 first 3 failed NOx, I had to retard my timing to 1° after TDC to hit this number.
Screenshot 2021-12-22 090705.jpg

Here is a table showing the pre-2022 limits for Light-Duty Trucks (which the Land Cruiser is considered)
Screenshot 2021-12-22 092137.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting 93 and 94 same OBD1 and same emission setup but 93 has looser limits than 94? I imagine that's "year" related and not model specific.

I hope somebody posts the new limits when 2022 testing starts. Should be interesting.

I hope somebody posts the new limits when 2022 testing starts. Should be interesting.

Yep 100% year-related.

I spent about an hour trying to find the new standards and was unsuccessful, should be easier to find once they are enacted. Shouldn't be that way but that's the gov'ment for ya, got to pass it to find out what's in it.

Crap. Here are the numbers for mine in Jeffco: does anyone know if we are considered light trucks or light vehicles excluding trucks? Light trucks have a slightly higher limit (in parentheses)

HC .6 2018 limit 1.2 new limit .8 (or 1)
CO 7.7 limit 15
NOx 1.9 2018 limit 3.5 new limit 1.5 (or 2)

May not pass NOx depending on which limit they choose.

HC .4 2020 limit 1.2 new limit .8 (or 1)
CO 11 limit 15
NOx 2.6 2020 limit 3.0 new limit 1.5 (or 2)

Wouldn’t pass NOx either way. Looks like I need to figure out how to get the NOx down.
My 96 just passed today.
HC limit is 1 it blew .7991 first test it was .69
CO limit is 15 it blew 6. First test it was 9.2
NOx limit is 2.5 it blew .99. First test it was 1.83

So does the cruiser blow different within 1/2 hour or is the equipment no good? Who knows.

So those limits are different from the table posted earlier, and slightly less stringent than the table indicated.

Had to go to two parts stores to get a working gas cap and go to the emissions place 3 times, finally arriving 1 minute before closing, but it’s done for 2 years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom