Tightening and replacing knuckle bolt...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wayne

Bought by His blood, kept by His power
Threads
How do I fix an alignment problem that has occured since I replaced one of the steering knuckle arm bolts and re-torqued the other three ???. Strange thing is, when one of the bolts was missing and two of the remaining three had loose nuts, the steering tracked straight and the steering wheel was centered :-\. I did experience a shaking at 40-55 mph that is now gone. But, now the truck pulls right and the steering wheel is two inches left off center when going straight :'(. What' ya think?

Wayne S :cheers:

You probably just need an alignment and an adjsutment of your drag link to correct the position of your steering wheel. You could adjust the drag link your self easily, but unless you have done it before, I would let a shop set the toe, since their measuring equiptment is more accurate, though you could get close with a tape measure.

I agree with Drew.

Get it aligned at a a good shop. Correct toe is important to tire wear as well as tracking in some cases. A good front-end guy will also center the steering wheel without you even asking him to.

As to why is is off now it could be that it was "aligned" recently (before you got it) with loose stuff in the front end. As they say, "garbage in, garbage out".

D-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom