tigertop installation question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i know the tigertop isn't highly regarded, but it came with the truck and it only will be used for the odd summer days that it rains. bestop has the installation instructions on their site, but i'm still having trouble - possibly some missing parts. here's problem number one

109-0918_IMG.JPG

this sits way to low and the J shaped rod does not reach the windshield.

problem two

109-0920_IMG.JPG

i'm not sure how to attach the bows together. it seems that the bracket at the bottom of the one bow has a spot for the second bow, but the instructions say that the second bow attaches to the first with another type of bracket about 1/5th of the way up the first bow, where the two holes are.

problem three

at the opposite end of the J shaped rod (first pic) where it attaches to the bow, how does it stay in place? there is a hole in the bow for the rod to attach, but what prevents it from coming out?

that's it. it's kinda hard to explain this stuff over a keyboard, but i appreciate any help. thanks!

sorry it took me so long.. here some pictures of my set up again you will be able to make any adjustment or modifications only when the top is on
at least in the windshield channel....
as you can see my bracket is different than yours
DSCF2688.jpg
DSCF2689.jpg
DSCF2690.jpg

Last edited:
I also had the rods but I decided to use emt instead because it matches the rest
DSCF2691.jpg
DSCF2694.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom