craigslist Tigard, Oregon 1976 FJ55 real nice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

t also has some sort of relay that will kill power to the motor for a bit if it senses a bind.

Circuit breaker, enough/(too much) current for long enough opens the breaker. When it cools off, it closes again.

Could be a broken plastic gear inside the motor...there is a metal replacement. Also check the safety switch on the driver side inside on the body inside the tailgate.

if either of these were the issue, it’s likely the window would not go down (or up).

44763582-7A5C-43AD-97E2-F8BBCB462FAA.jpeg

Yea.. I know, but those back windows can exhibit weird symptoms, and have numerous failure points....just like working down from the dash switch but having to use the key for up....that's not right and indicates it's been messed with....so good to know all of them, even for the future. I have seen windows go down and when subjected to the load of rolling up, the plastic gear is broken just enough to bind.

Glad it's working now though...that can be very frustrating.

I suggest that if one switch works and the other doesn’t (even for one direction), then it’s a broken wire or the switch isn’t making contact.

Hi
I just found the warn winch which was on the vehicle when I first saw the ad is no longer with the vehicle. According to the broker Syd Dorn it was stolen between the time he sent me video of the vehicle and I sent an inspector to check the vehicle. He claims to have told the inspector, but nothing got to me. Not sure why he would not tell the person buying the truck?????
In any event I really hate being lied to and am offering a 1000.00 reward for information leading to the arrest of whomever stole it. I am in the process of obtaining the serial number from the winch. Any info PM me and I will forward to my lawyer. This offer may be withdrawn at any time.

Kinda sounds like someone recouping little funds after you bought it for good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom