Tie rods hitting rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I have recently noticed that my tie rods are hitting on the rims of my tyres. I’m not sure if these are original rims, they were on when I purchased the car. I have read that spacers can be used but I would like to steer clear from them. I am planning on keeping original looking tyres. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

87BFA843-836F-4A7E-A6FC-68ACC335127C.jpeg

C3853EB3-78EB-4048-B138-CE2DC96FB384.jpeg

78987E0E-3F17-47AF-8B0C-0DA138774F39.jpeg

D5C138AE-1DFB-44B2-BAFA-D72E64F764D6.jpeg

0135ED70-8A34-44A3-A88D-9DCA78BAD42A.jpeg

Time for some city racer wheels. Only option with those are back spacers

Pics of the other side of the wheels would be helpful, so we might be able to I'd them. I don't think stk wheels would be that close to the tre. Those tires look really dry rotted.

Time for some city racer wheels. Only option with those are back spacers

Sure there are others like the stock wheels. Shipping rims to Australia seems pricey. RHD was the first clue wasn't a cruiser in the US.

Pics of the other side of the wheels would be helpful, so we might be able to I'd them. I don't think stk wheels would be that close to the tre. Those tires look really dry rotted.

X2

@GTV that was the first thing I thought; however, the tie rods ends are threaded all the way into the tie rod. Those rims are very simple. I also thought of a Nissan Patrol for the rims. Spacers.

I'm not a 40 series guy but can those steering arms be swapped side to side? If so, that would solve it.
I believe that would screw up the Ackerman angle. I'd buy a pair of 1/4" wheel spacers. Around here Most a/p stores sells them. I don't know about the Australian market though.

Looks close, but not touching to me. There’s no marks left on the lip of the wheel and the rubber boot would be worn though in short order if it was actually touching.

With those reversed lug nuts, if any miles were put on them (which would be nuts *hee hee*), the holes are probably oval-ed out and toast.

Those are definitely not the stock rims. The back spacing obviously is an issue, but they're also split rims. 2 strikes.

You have new springs, shocks, etc. If you could source those, you can probably source a set of OEM rims from Honda or the like.

Just get some 1/4" wheel spacers, turn the lug nuts around and be prepared to replace that steering boot when the wheel rubs thru it, mine cleared with the 1/4 spacer so it took awhile to wear thru cause it only rubbed when turned hard left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom