tie rod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i slightly bent the one i have now and i bent it back. but i want to get a new one, i dont quite trust the old one anymore... is the only place the toyota dealership?
THANKS AGIAN
-AL
GOT TO LOVE OFF ROADIN :beer:

For OEM, yes Toyota is the only place, but brace yourself. IIRC, there is an update, and you have to purchase new rods and ends.

Fun time!

Good luck!

-Steve

IMO, check with some of the Vendors out there....the stock rod ain't much for strength. I recently bend a .250 wall custom rod and have straightened/sleeved that one to .375. (1-1/4" OD)

Can't think of any offhand, but there are vendors doing custom rods that will work with your metric ends.

so they updated the rod and now they dont fit the old threads?
if anyone knows a place to buy new one or get one made let me know
thanks for the help
-al

I know this is the case with a fj40, not sure if its the same on a 60. But on a 40 the trick is to order just the TRE.......it comes with a free tie rod, on a 40 it cost $50 for TRE and tie rod(tie rod by itself is $100 but free?) And from what I can tell nothing changed, treads are still the same, new vrs old. again not sure if this is the case for fj60.

I have NO cluse why Toyota did this.

John h

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg87406#msg87406 date=1073626839]
For OEM, yes Toyota is the only place, but brace yourself. IIRC, there is an update, and you have to purchase new rods and ends.

Fun time!

Good luck!

-Steve
[/quote]

Looks like yes on a fj60(2), you buy a tie rod end and it comes with a new tie rod, same deal as a fj40.

45046-60H05, list $84, passanger side
45047-60HO3 list $100 driverside

both of these should come with both TRE and rod, if you don't need the ends, order the cheaper of the 2. Can't 100% confirm but the # swtiched over like the 40's # did. And from what I could tell on a fj40 nothing really changed, the new rod went right on my old TRE's. Why Toyota is doing this is a mystery to me, but its ALOT cheaper than buying just the rod.

John H

Al.. forget the oem rods if you have bent them esp with so and larger tires. Time to get hysteer and now adays i've seen complete packages for $399....

i already have high steer i have bent up arms from W for my spring over. i think im just gonna call toyota and get a tre with a new rod. i never knew you could get a rod with a tre thanks a lot.. it saves me a lot of trouble...
-al

you might want to try sleeving it if your going the oem route. I think you can also get larger dom rods from someone like www.rockstomper.com Bigger tires and harder wheelin your going to need beefier parts or be expecting to happen again. BTDT.

oh sh*t im getting the runa round on this tie rod i called toyota talked to two diff people and they are giving me a price of 315 dollars for the tie rod ends and the tie rod and i ask if i could just get a passanger side, so i could get the tie rod and they said no they cant sell it like that youll have to get the whole kit for 315 bucks...now what the hell am i suppose to do.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90459#msg90459 date=1074116211]
did you have the pinheads look up the part numbers I gave you?

I would PM CDan...........he can hook you up without hassle
https://forum.ih8mud.com/index.php?action=viewprofile;user=cruiserdan

[/quote]

Pimp, trying to give Al a hand with this. Called my dealer with your #'s, same deal $315 for the whole assembly. Any clue who might have just the rod?

[quote author=fsusteve link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90464#msg90464 date=1074116463]
Pimp, trying to give Al a hand with this. Called my dealer with your #'s, same deal $315 for the whole assembly. Any clue who might have just the rod?
[/quote]

those part numbers and prices came from my dealer the day i posted them, so i can only assume they are correct, he hasn't ever screwed up. Call him, Al at Titus Will Toyota,he is in untill 2pm PST(like 15min from now) 253 620 8994.

I know I paid $50 for TRE and tie rod 3 months ago, tie rod was free.

[quote author=fsusteve link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90470#msg90470 date=1074116834]
Will do, thanks :beer:
[/quote]

been on the phone with him sense I posted, Al is SURE either of those parts numbers comes with end AND rod...........he is so sure we ordered one, he has sold 2 of em this year.....we will find out how his memory is thursday morning ;)

45460-69105 is the rod and both ends, retail is $315, thats what they are talking about. Really.........just ask them to check the $84 part number....heck if its wrong no biggy.

hey if i cant get the jackasses to get the right part, can you guys send me the one you ordered there is extra 25 in the deal for going thru all the hassle.
thanks a lot you guys are the best.
-al

oh and ill pay for shipping and all that crap...

Hello Poser,

Interesting avitar, do you know the origin?

The OEM replacement ends come with tubes as the Pimp mentioned. Ends as follows:

RH tie rod, 45046-60H05, list $84.28
LH tie rod, 45047-60H03, list $100.50
RH relay rod, 45045-60H04, list $81.09
LH relay rod, 45044-60H00, list $96.06

In short, if you buy all 4 ends you will end up with 2 tie rod tubes and 2 relay rod tubes.

Here's where it throws folks.

COMPLETE TIE ROD, 45460-69105, list $315.77
COMPLETE RELAY ROD, 45450-69055, list $255.36

Basicaly the difference between buying both tie rod ends as opposed to the complete rod is you end up with an extra tube, you re-use the clamps and you save $130.99 for the trouble.

Cheers, D-

ok so i callled the pin heads here agian and they said they could get it in but its just the tie rod end and it doesnt come with the tir rod itself plussss i have to pre pay...and if it doesnt come with the tie rod it means i have another new tie rod end and im out 105 dollars...
i dont know what to do. ??????
confused-al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom