1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tie rod ends

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Roebon, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Roebon

Roebon

I put some CCOT tie rod ends and they rusted up and the rubber fell apart after a few months. What's the scoop on these things? MAF and Specter advertise OEM-Aisin and claim they are "heat treated"...and they are about the same price as CCOT's.

Not the way I like to learn about bad products.

Rob
    83-60

2. dd113

dd113

I have used the CCOT ends on a bunch of truck with no issue. They are the 555 brand out of taiwan. I think most of the others offered are the same. OEM is better as are NAPA new ones (asain) but spensive. The rust is normal on untreated steel but the rubber should last a while. I would contact ccot and I bet you will get new ones.

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    Same with mine(555) on my fj45, boots are toast and ends rusty. On my fj40 I used the Fuji Joint, not rusting and boots in one piece still. Price is the same Fuji Joint.

OEM will run $50 each TRE..........but come with free tie rods ;)

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">