Tie Rod Ends?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have this kind of wobble in my front wheels. they were just balanced. a mechanic friend mentioned that the wobble could be my tie rod ends. any suggestions?? and if that's the case, could i just pick em up from autozone or should it be some place more geared to LC's

I'm sure some may disagree with me, but I recommend Toyota factory tie rod ends. Thats my $0.02

:banana:

Do you have a lift , if so could be castor

i have this kind of wobble in my front wheels. they were just balanced. a mechanic friend mentioned that the wobble could be my tie rod ends. any suggestions?? and if that's the case, could i just pick em up from autozone or should it be some place more geared to LC's

unless your tie rod ends are truly completely worn out, I do not see how they should allow a wobble. Try the following: the relay rod ends are adjustable. take the cotter pins out of the end caps, and then screw them tighter together. go as far as possible, then back off half a turn. see if that solves the wobble. remember that your alignment will be off after that.
j

Not to hi-jack but I read on MUD resently that you can replace 60 ends for 80's. Is that true? They are more beefy, yes?

I’d strongly recommend the new OEM Toyota tie rod ends. They are more expensive than most aftermarket tie rod ends, but you can never go wrong by using OEM parts. I replaced mine’s with the new OEM tie rods (which have lengthened and enforced sleeves) and my FJ 60 now turns nice and smoothly.:steer: Cruiserdan can hook you up with a set at a discount. (Hats off, once again to Dan and the folks at American Toyota!!:cheers:) According to Dan, they’ve been redesigned and are stronger that the original ones that came with your FJ. Hope this helps! :D

H.S.M.

got with the toyota ones. they are pricey but i hear they are workth it.
i posted a similar question and got yelled at. using toyota on the parts that count. like steering.
i don't think the wobble comes form tie rod ends. does it go away with speed? or does it seem to just be play in the steering? ok four wheel drive in NJ can help you out.

last but not least - what part of NY are you in? there are a bunch of us in the area.

I dont know what the oem cost but I have been happy with the three five set that I got from Kurt at cruiser outfitters.

Jan, Thanks, won't fit.
I must have mis-read that post.
rgr out.

got with the toyota ones. they are pricey but i hear they are workth it.
i posted a similar question and got yelled at. using toyota on the parts that count. like steering.
i don't think the wobble comes form tie rod ends. does it go away with speed? or does it seem to just be play in the steering? ok four wheel drive in NJ can help you out.

last but not least - what part of NY are you in? there are a bunch of us in the area.

it increases at higher speeds. i feel like the whole front end is gonna come apart.

i'm in nassau county on the island.

unless your tie rod ends are truly completely worn out, I do not see how they should allow a wobble. Try the following: the relay rod ends are adjustable. take the cotter pins out of the end caps, and then screw them tighter together. go as far as possible, then back off half a turn. see if that solves the wobble. remember that your alignment will be off after that.
j

Drag link, or relay rod, length adjustment will change your steering wheel orientation but not toe in toe out adjustment. That is taken care of with the tie rod length adjustment.

Wheel bearings?
GG

the truck is all over the road also. i failed to mention it. anyone else? wheel wobbleing?

Drag link, or relay rod, length adjustment will change your steering wheel orientation but not toe in toe out adjustment. That is taken care of with the tie rod length adjustment.

Thank you!

i replaced the brake calipers and rotors a couple of weeks ago and checked the bearings...they were fine. i repacked em with lots of grease and put the hubs back together.

Check again if they are lose. just lift the front and wiggle the wheels. If there is any wiggling, the bearings need to be tightened.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom