tie rod ends, tube - quick question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@pandasfj... lucky enough to live 5 mins from cruiser outfitters. I have their kit to replace everything BUT the tubes. So the question was - wait till Monday for new tubes, too? Guess so.

Well I'm one for doing it all, while I'm in there. I put new tires on and didn't want any problems with the steering or alignment. But if you need your ride and can get it straightened then why not.

I'd replace it, no easier time to do it than when the steering is apart anyway. Once bent you can never really get them perfectly straight again.

I've seen people bend them back and run them for a long time, and I've seen people drive around with slightly bent tie rods for a long time, but I'm sure its not advisable. I did drive mine around with a bent tie rod for a couple years and I'm sure my alignment was out of whack. But, when I went in to refresh the steering I went ahead and replaced the tie rod ends, drag link ends, and the bent tie rod....and then paid for an alignment.

I'd replace it, no easier time to do it than when the steering is apart anyway. Once bent you can never really get them perfectly straight again.

I've seen people bend them back and run them for a long time, and I've seen people drive around with slightly bent tie rods for a long time, but I'm sure its not advisable. I did drive mine around with a bent tie rod for a couple years and I'm sure my alignment was out of whack. But, when I went in to refresh the steering I went ahead and replaced the tie rod ends, drag link ends, and the bent tie rod....and then paid for an alignment.

Thanks @ufg89 for the advice... i'll leave it in pieces until I can get the tubes from @cruiseroutfit next week.

@pandasfj... lucky enough to live 5 mins from cruiser outfitters. I have their kit to replace everything BUT the tubes. So the question was - wait till Monday for new tubes, too? Guess so.

Need to get it rolling this weekend? I know a guy :D

@cruiseroutfit you guys are awesome... but I can wait till your open (no emergency here). I'll be in Monday for both tubes :0).

Copy, I'll look forward to it. If you change your mind post up and we can work something out. I have a pair of rods on my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom