Tie-Rod End max angle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdlexus.com
Does anyone know the max angle of the OEM TREs? I had a new TRE for the drag link and held it up to a mostly drooped suspension with 26" extended shocks - the installed drag link is just behind it and almost at the same angle. Seems like I could achieve the maximum angle with a fully drooped suspension - can you say jumps?

Couple of points:
- I fully pivoted the new TRE until it stopped. However, perhaps these can travel safely further than I can push it with my hand?
- Taking the picture made it difficult to ensure that I held the new TRE at the exact angle of the installed TRE, so there may be some slop in either direction.

I can't imagine what folks are doing with shocks longer than 26" or so..
tre_ - 1.jpg

tre_ - 2.jpg

I haven't been able to find high travel tre for our trucks in my brief searches. But mine is my limiting strap right now lol. It hasn't busted yet but I'm sure its time is limited lol. I think 26" shocks would be fine, but mine are 38". I would imagine you're pretty safe up to about 30".

I've been thinking about this a bit.

I have not done it, but I'm sure others such as @jcardona1 has done something because he has huge droop, but he has Hellfire knuckles and has done a lot of changes up front.

I am guessing the way to offset is to make a dogleg drag link so the TRE's don't get maxed out and break in a critical situation.

I did a google search and got the following:

Just a thought.

Yep. Hellfires or Slee arms are a solution for sure. It's too bad that a drop pitman arm doesn't exist in the market for these steering boxes. Raising the panhard mount on the axle combined with a small-drop pitman would seem to improve handling on lifted trucks quite a bit.

Those dogleg drag links seem like a patch job, but it would solve the TRE angle for sure.

I wonder if the emf ends allow any more angle than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom