TIE ROD end kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. I need new tie rods and drag links. the Toyota ones are about 3 hundred. The cruiseroutfitters.com ones are 89.00 for the tie rods and 37.50 for the drag links. does anyone have any thoughts on the two choices?
The 89 FJ62 will run 33's and have some trimmed fenders and a 2" body lift to clear the previous owners Giant hot rod radiator install.

any personal experience would be helpful.

cruiser outfitters for 120.00 or toyota for 265?

I would check with NAPA. I got some from there and they were about $50 but that was two years ago. I think Car quest is pretty big in our area I would check with them too.

Answer to the question I would go with the toyota one since the quality is prob going to be better then the ones cruiser outfitters.

Howdy! I'd stay OEM cause they last forever. Have you tried CDan?? John

Ditto -- OEM or original spec Japanese oem parts.

Spector has the 'kit' for $155 with the four.
Specter Off-Road-Land Cruiser Parts - Page 094-Front End

Check your relay rod. ENGINE OFF, wheels choked, have a friend move the steering wheel back
and forth (hint park on a layer of newspaper, and get a BIG friend to move the steering wheel back and
forth). SOR has a rebuild kit for the relay rod. Yep, bought the kit above, ended up not using
them, and did the relay rod kit.

Tom

The $89 kit at CruiserOutfitters will have everything that you need (tie rod and drag link ends). The $37 kit won't be necessary.

I've had these (but paid alot more @ Man-a-fre) on the truck for a few years and they seem to be just fine.

Got a set from Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters that are 555 Japanese made for 89 bucks. Can't beat that with a stick:)

I installed the cruiseroutfitter kit two weeks ago on my 89' FJ-62 and they are great thus far. Make sure you get a heavy duty pickle fork, the pullers bend stuff. A couple good smacks with a small sledge on the pickle fork broke my old TRE's free.

go with Kurt at cruiser outfitter.

I got mine from CCOT for 69.95. They are 555 Japanese. Complete set with extra boots to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom