Ticking Noise in FJ40 F2 Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Arabian Cruiser

Arabian Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi,
A ticking noise started about a week ago in the engine. I have taken a video of the it in the link below to give you a better idea of what it sounds like.

YouTube - Ticking noise in fj40 2f engine ???

Any idea on what could be the problem ?

We also noticed that there is no oil splashing out the valves . What could be causing all that ? We removed the oil pan and checked if the oil pump which seems to be clean, the oil pressure is high on the gauge in the dash.

we also changed the stock headers and the exhaust to give you some back ground as i read in other posts that is could be an exhaust leak.

any help would be appreciated.

can i drive the truck around or should i fix the problem first ?

thanks in advance

have not yet. just opened the cover to take a look. i assume that would be done next if advised to do so.

Sounds like you have at least one valve that is loose. Adjust the lash and see how it sounds. As far as oil, it won't "splash around". Mostly, it just dribbles out.

:cheers:

cool FF LC Freak. will try that out. i hope that will fix it.

Thanks guys problem fixed. the lashing was loose.

thanks again

It amazes me how .001" can throw off the valves and make noise. it also amazes me how the valves have a tendency to get loose again:eek:

My personal experience with a 76 2F is that it make an oily mess in a hurry without the valve cover on. You may want to determine why you don't seem to have much oil at the rockers.

still looking into why that is. will share once we know.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom